• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt Guard Porting....?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, sooooooooooo ... you "port" your belt guard, and your clutches are hotter than your pipe ....?

I think it'd work the opposite in actuality even if you could measure it ... I gaurentee you that unless you have REALLY screwed up clutching your pipe would radiate more heat towards your belt guard than you'd get away from it.

Only way to know for sure would be to install a series of temperature probes and test it, and even with that said I think it'd be negligible either way.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Ok, sooooooooooo ... you "port" your belt guard, and your clutches are hotter than your pipe ....?

I think it'd work the opposite in actuality even if you could measure it ... I gaurentee you that unless you have REALLY screwed up clutching your pipe would radiate more heat towards your belt guard than you'd get away from it.

Only way to know for sure would be to install a series of temperature probes and test it, and even with that said I think it'd be negligible either way.

Dogmeat,
I would agree with this if the air were stagnant under the hood but it is not it moves and the addition of multiple aftermarket vents assures that.
But to each their own, I respectfully disagree.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Dogmeat,
I would agree with this if the air were stagnant under the hood but it is not it moves and the addition of multiple aftermarket vents assures that.
But to each their own, I respectfully disagree.

Eh ... It could be, I dunno ... it isn't going to hurt anything to do it either way I guess.

It'd be kinda nice for somone to test it with a temperature probe before and after the port job just to see how much difference it makes.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
File this under the "useless" category along with ported tracks, straightening track paddles and fuel catalysts.

I don't know what a fuel catalyst is, however I'm just curious as to know why you think a ported track or straightened a-20 is useless?
I've done both and have seen small improvements out of a ported track, and MAJOR improvements out of straightened track.

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
IR Temperature Sensor...

Just get a laser temperature sensor from your auto parts store...you can pick them up for $25.00. Take before and after readings, My clutch temperatures dropped almost 50deg with venting and porting of the clutch cover. Thats with shock tower vents, 2cool side vents, and several under hood vents. By far the biggest decrease in my clutch temperatures was by installing the RKtek secondary.

Premium Features