• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pcv/slp pipe set up

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
whos map should i run? or should i just run an auto tune?

Don't forget to syncronize the TPS with your PCV, Modded up with pipe can PCV, and Team tied, now I have to wait for the snow to fly.

FYI, Changed my fuel filter in my 11, was needed with 1700 miles. Pulled the wye pipe inspect the cylinders and pistons, looked bright and shinny with no evidence of scuffing, guess warm ups are paying off along with added oil. Valves were in need of attention so they got healthy cleaning. Had a code that indicated a bad resister, so that got changed out.

Now Snow :face-icon-small-hap

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
imo, the slp map is pretty much crap. at least for me at sea level it was way too rich. so if it was too rich at at sea level what would it be like at elevation? back firing and blew out my reeds. i was running a PA head and the slp pipe with the stock map. i was bumping the octane some with torco octane boost. i'll be trying the autotune this year.

pv

A
Jan 19, 2008
yea i am at sea level also. i have a local guy with a dyno who i may just have put on the dyno and we can make our own map that works.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i don't see how the map could be worth anything at any elevation if it is too rich at sea level?? you don't need anything but the stock map if you are running the pipe

pv

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
Slp map worked excellent for me from 7000 + with PA head and slp pipe. Good increase in power pistons and plugs looked good

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
my plugs looked fine also and ran fine but that doesn't mean it wasn't way too rich or there isn't a better option. my was was crazy rich. slp actually has an additional map if you are running a head with the pipe. it is even richer. no thanks. look, slp has to make a map that works for everyone and is very safe. they can't afford to be smoking a bunch of motors b/c they are running to close to the edge. for me, i'll tune to my own needs and take the chance, and responsibility, if i screw something up and squeak the motor. not everyone is willing to do that.

pv

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
X3 Another Sea Level guy.. WAY too Rich!!

We neeed a Sea Level Map@@@

What part of MN is at sea level? Mine is 1050ft and it's at the bottom of Lake Agassiz.

Slp map worked excellent for me from 7000 + with PA head and slp pipe. Good increase in power pistons and plugs looked good

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Ran from 1050 to 9500ft with my Stage 3, AFR is always around 14-14.5:1 until WOT. A little bit of soot on my white side panel is all I saw.

my plugs looked fine also and ran fine but that doesn't mean it wasn't way too rich or there isn't a better option. my was was crazy rich. slp actually has an additional map if you are running a head with the pipe. it is even richer. no thanks. look, slp has to make a map that works for everyone and is very safe. they can't afford to be smoking a bunch of motors b/c they are running to close to the edge. for me, i'll tune to my own needs and take the chance, and responsibility, if i screw something up and squeak the motor. not everyone is willing to do that.

pv

If the plugs look fine and are being inspected after a proper throttle chop, how do you know it is crazy rich? Do you have an AFR gauge or EGT's on it? What year Pro, '11 with dirty injectors maybe?

IMO, SLP made an honest effort to match their maps with their mods at several elevations and US locations. AK, maybe not due to logistics and short season...

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
What part of MN is at sea level? Mine is 1050ft and it's at the bottom of Lake Agassiz.

Ran from 1050 to 9500ft with my Stage 3, AFR is always around 14-14.5:1 until WOT. A little bit of soot on my white side panel is all I saw.

If the plugs look fine and are being inspected after a proper throttle chop, how do you know it is crazy rich? Do you have an AFR gauge or EGT's on it? What year Pro, '11 with dirty injectors maybe?

IMO, SLP made an honest effort to match their maps with their mods at several elevations and US locations. AK, maybe not due to logistics and short season...

how would dirty injectors cause it to run richer? wouldn't partially clogged injectors cause a lean issue if anything? i thought i mentioned it before, but i check my wash on a regular basis. much better indication than plugs. yes it is an 11. short season? in alaska? not so much. and again, if it is rich at sea level, how can it be anything but rich at every other elevation? i'm a hug slp fan. they are decidedly one of the best, if not the best, aftermarket companies out there. hands down. but that doesn't mean i am so blind to believe everything they do is perfect or can't be improved upon. i ran the slp map for quite a while but then pulled the pc-v and ran the stock map with bumped octane and it was significantly better. just my experience, take it for what it is.

pv

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
how would dirty injectors cause it to run richer? wouldn't partially clogged injectors cause a lean issue if anything? i thought i mentioned it before, but i check my wash on a regular basis. much better indication than plugs. yes it is an 11. short season? in alaska? not so much. and again, if it is rich at sea level, how can it be anything but rich at every other elevation? i'm a hug slp fan. they are decidedly one of the best, if not the best, aftermarket companies out there. hands down. but that doesn't mean i am so blind to believe everything they do is perfect or can't be improved upon. i ran the slp map for quite a while but then pulled the pc-v and ran the stock map with bumped octane and it was significantly better. just my experience, take it for what it is.

pv

ethanol or non ethanol resistor?FWIW dynoport single does not require fuel controller.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
I was considering running my Pro without the PCV to start, at 2000 ft here and at elevation. Anyone have any issues running the stock map with the slp pipe/can at any elevation?

I'm running non-ethanol premium.

A
Jan 19, 2008
any other input on running someones map or just running the autotune set up. i also have some one local with a dyno didn't know if we should just put it on the dyno and build our own map.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
dynotech

I guarantee jim has a map that will wrk better then most. Alot cheaper then taking it to Phil an having tuned on dyno.

Premium Features