• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Cats are up!

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Didn't you hear, AC got out of the high performance mountain segment and now produces sleds for tourists, posers and the all mighty number crunchers.

I swear that if they were left to their own devices AC would reverse engineer the mountain series right back to trail sleds. Its a good thing they have 1000's of pissed off Snow West members letting them know what needs to be done, and form what I can see of the new sleds were doing a good part of the engineering as well.

Its great that they are listening, just too bad they had to make so many mad in the first place.

N
Nov 3, 2008
Mass
after the way cat has been handling the issues with the 2012 sleds that people paid tons of money for, i think ill be on a different brand once its time to get rid of my m1000.

seems like they screwed alot of people over.

H
Feb 28, 2012
I'm not sold! Can't wait to snow check my new pro! You guys can talk **** but with the 7 guys I ride with, 4 new pros and three new cats, the only ones with problems are the POS cats, I wanna get back to riding and have fun, not worry and fix **** every week!

Can't wait for you to snow check your poo either then they can listen to you complain over on the poo forum when your crank is hanging out the bottom of the case's...

TwistedM1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2008
Battle Mountain Nevada

I think I will wait and buy another 2012 sled that is a hold over for way less than a 2013. As I will make a bunch of changes to the 2013 just like I did to my 2012. I feel that they did not make enough changes to the 2013 to make me want one. My 2012 has not been a belt blower. But I geared it down installed a camo extreme and a team clutch. Has 900 miles and it is a great sled. Just my opinion. Have fun riding.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Can't wait for you to snow check your poo either then they can listen to you complain over on the poo forum when your crank is hanging out the bottom of the case's...

How about you ride one of each at a level where you can tell the difference first you whinny little girl.

Oh and don't let me down, make sure you bad rep me again for your ignorance.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Updates

I know some are apparent but this is what I know.

Steering
Width on skis
Clutching improvements
Side panels
Track biggest
I am sure bunch more and more before released.

No weight loss

Hopefully we can get a belt drive put together for them for next year we need to shed 60lb off the sled.

Really like the White and black looks cool do not think I want a white sled. Black with white will work.

W
Jan 11, 2009
Bend
I think Doo had a better offering this year. I don't think they will be able to make the summit 800 sport fast enough. Where cat and polaris are missing is the under 9k for a brand new mountain sled. I know they probably aren't as good, but is the cat truly $4k better?

H
Feb 28, 2012
How about you ride one of each at a level where you can tell the difference first you whinny little girl.

Oh and don't let me down, make sure you bad rep me again for your ignorance.

Why don't you bad rep me again.... CRY BABY... I heard Arctic Cat called and wanted you expert advice on how to make there sleds better since you are so awesome.....

Last edited by a moderator:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The new secondary rollers are the only clutching change other than the new belt. The rollers are supposed to be 2x harder than the 12' rollers.
On the clutch side panel they added a finer screan to help keep out snow and they added a small piece of rivet-on aluminum to help with the panel alignment right by the clutch. Panel itself is the same and the aluminum piece can be ordered and put on your 12'.
The new 2.6 track weighs 2.5lbs more, so the sleds actually will gain a little weight for 2013. I know, that's what everyone wanted to hear.
They decided today to make the e-start on the 800 LE an option, not standard equiptment. Yea, they had a lot of complaints. E-start system weighs about 20lbs with battery and cables.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Didn't you hear, AC got out of the high performance mountain segment and now produces sleds for tourists, posers and the all mighty number crunchers.

I swear that if they were left to their own devices AC would reverse engineer the mountain series right back to trail sleds. Its a good thing they have 1000's of pissed off Snow West members letting them know what needs to be done, and form what I can see of the new sleds were doing a good part of the engineering as well.

Its great that they are listening, just too bad they had to make so many mad in the first place.

I agree there is some pizzed off people....But 1000's???
IMO they both are a hit, the 800 and the 1100T. I have both and have not had any issues except the Reverse on the 1100T. Have 3 spare belts for each and have not used one. 340 km on the 800 and 550 on the 1100T.
I have rode with other PC's and Pro's, and they are both great machines. The PC handles great and has wicked power...They are getting a bad rap from just a few people on SW as far as I can tell.
Bet there isn't 100 pizzed off people on SW about these sleds.

Just my .02

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
They need to build a recoil system for the 4 stroke. That would be a way to drop 25lbs from it.

I've always thought about that. Wonder if one could design a mechanism to store, say, the energy from two pulls and then release that energy to start the motor. I know most people aren't going to be able to handstart a big four stroke otherwise. Save 20 lbs or so.

Premium Features