• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Cats are up!

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
15k for a sled?
Holy ****

Looking at the picture of the telescoping handlebars I'm seeing a tether bottum left corner? Seems like a bad spot if your leaning over far to the right, comes stock???

I agree.

proclimb_telhandle_2-2013.png

Last edited:
S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
They are one hell of a lot stronger than the polaris arms. 2013 may be different though.

I seen a cat hit a tree SOO hard that it spun the sled and the rider flew off, it bent the arms but guess what, he still could ride it the rest of the trip. If it happend to a polaris or a doo it would have smashed the body, and i know for sure would kink the arms on the polaris so you couldnt ride it.

I like the changes, its what everyone whined about other than less weight. If they fixed the issues as well its even better. Possibly they could shed some weight but the polaris could use some more hp just to impress the babies on snowest.......

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
the changes made so far are what i wanted to hear.

they still have quite a bit of time to change a few things like addressing the clutching, which im sure they are still working on a permanent solution, they are not going to advertise it now, but im sure they will address that issue, to me that is the biggest complaint anyone had about these sleds, other than the vert steering, steering radius,and narrower ski stance(most have not complained about that)
cat will get it right...

i see a 1100t sp in my future!!!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
Is there any mention anywhere of cat addressing the clutching issue? The new m-800 is just a $13000 paper weight unless they fixed that. Maybe they think they already fixed it with a harder belt and a couple of shims.......:crutch:

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
15k for a sled?
Holy ****

Looking at the picture of the telescoping handlebars I'm seeing a tether bottum left corner? Seems like a bad spot if your leaning over far to the right, comes stock???

Tethers are stock on the HCRs. Its a competition snowmobile and they are required to have tethers. I believe the 2011 HCRs were this way also.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
My 2012 has been a good sled, I aint scared of the small issues some had I would be scared of my engine if I owned a Polaris:face-icon-small-blu

2013 M800 SP Green 153 Snow checked:usa2:

K
Sep 30, 2009
I heard from someone at the show that the LE PC M8s will come with both sizes now... 153 and 162.. so thats awesome!

And Im not sure why people are bashing these things. They seem to have addressed everything and I can't see them releasing 2013s with the same problems as 2012s...

And to the Polaris guys, I would much rather have belt problems than engine problems. And there are none of us over there bugging you as much as you're trying to bug us. So you must be threatened from the PC

Ken Climb

Premium Member
Very nice all black one. hmmmmmm!
.....but the pro's look a little sweeter
....and the doo's have done some neat sheet this year.
I'm gonna try ride some of these new models this spring , before I decide.
Another factor for me is that there is only a Cat dealer in my town.

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Proof of belt fix needed!

I am in the same boat as you Ken. Only dealer is cat. I would be very interested if, and only if they have the belt burning issues figured out. The rest of the sled works well for me, but 3 belts in 600 miles and 3 belts in 900 miles on buddys sleds is not very good.... Outside of that they are working well. Not baggen on them they are nice just want some real proof before I am dropping coin.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I really like the Orange Sno Pros and the Black LTDs.

Those that are interested tell your dealers soon you want a 162" option in the LTD. The White LTD and Black 50th 800s last year came about from consumer and dealer requests. Enough people ask and they may build them.

Woody
I don't believe that statement^^^^^^^^:face-icon-small-fro/ We have been asking ALL YEAR for a fix and it comes the last month of good solid riding- I think we had MORE than enough people ask- Cat only see's the "Green Backs" to sell more instead of fixing with a cheap 4 washer fix to get by....... Now go tell them that so they can build us a SOLID $14K sled.
- we still wanna buy but give us a reason to support Team Green!
S/C

Last edited:
G
Dec 16, 2007
Washington
I wanna know if there going to have spring test rides, seems like Polaris and doo have done there tests and the reviews are all good, if cat doesn't, I'll be skeptical for next year

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I cant see them making that mistake again. If they do it will prove how truly out of touch they are with there customers.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
As long as they don't have them like they did last year.. WAAAAAAAAAAY back in the late spring for a select few.
Bring them to EXPO like ya have done in the past and strut the walk thaT YOU HAVE BEEN TALKING CAT.

we wanna play but money is tight and we want the BEST return on our investment-- Yep $14K for a sled IS an investment.

S/C

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
I don't believe that statement^^^^^^^^:face-icon-small-fro/ We have been asking ALL YEAR for a fix and it comes the last month of good solid riding- I think we had MORE than enough people ask- Cat only see's the "Green Backs" to sell more instead of fixing with a cheap 4 washer fix to get by....... Now go tell them that so they can build us a SOLID $14K sled.
- we still wanna buy but give us a reason to support Team Green!
S/C

We all wanted 162 m800 le's. They announced this morning they will be building them in addition to the 153's

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
We all wanted 162 m800 le's. They announced this morning they will be building them in addition to the 153's

OK then, tell them to delete the electric start on the black LE and I will snow check one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features