• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Limited

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I have it on pretty good authority that the MC and Limited both have different bars with switches moved to the console.

I don't believe you, but I really hope your right. It would be great to have a bombardier style handle bar. Even better then that would be to have a tether switch in place of a key like doo not a doo fan but those are some great ideas

J
Sep 9, 2016
Something that needs to be done on every Cat sled period... I don't understand why Cat is so late to the game of cleaning up the Bar setup on a mountain sled, not to mention a good set of bars
I like my controls on my bars and lit up ! I know I accidentally hit my hand warmer switch from time to time but I can SEE that.
In contrast a couple of weeks ago we got caught after Dark and my friend was riding his used buddy sled he had bought the week previous a 10 poo-dragon. Like all of these sleds "it's a ripper!" Anyways Of course I say let me try it. He had left the hand warmers on high- I know there's three little black un-lit switches on the black dash? I had to stop and pull out a flashlight becouse I could no longer hold on. FYI- THE HAND WARMERS WORK!! Did that thing come factory with no tacometer?
I don't know if it's my riding style or what, but I don't feel the need to get more forward. I find my telescopic bars handy and handle fine. Its nice we can have all these choices from all the brands to give us something that might suit our individual needs.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I like my controls on my bars and lit up ! I know I accidentally hit my hand warmer switch from time to time but I can SEE that.
In contrast a couple of weeks ago we got caught after Dark and my friend was riding his used buddy sled he had bought the week previous a 10 poo-dragon. Like all of these sleds "it's a ripper!" Anyways Of course I say let me try it. He had left the hand warmers on high- I know there's three little black un-lit switches on the black dash? I had to stop and pull out a flashlight becouse I could no longer hold on. FYI- THE HAND WARMERS WORK!! Did that thing come factory with no tacometer?
I don't know if it's my riding style or what, but I don't feel the need to get more forward. I find my telescopic bars handy and handle fine. Its nice we can have all these choices from all the brands to give us something that might suit our individual needs.

Lighted switches on the console would solve both those problems at the same time. If it truly were one or the other though, personally I would rather pull out a light and have to turn my hand warmers on then have them turning themselves on and off every minute of the ride so I never know if they are on or off. Plus the big clunky controls limit your ability to set the sled up for you. Most sleds you can move the throttle and brake around on the bars a little bit to fit you but with the cat there is only one spot that it all fits.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Leave my controls on the bars, console mounts are worthless at night and I don't want to have to take my hands off the bars to adjust the warmers or lights.

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I see where you guys are coming from, BUT 9 time out of 10 most of us DONT ride at night maybe trails but playing in the hills and what not never at night. Also set it at low and be good to go it also be nice to have multi function switch like the start /reverse button clean it up a little

J
Sep 9, 2016
Honestly I'm so completely happy with my 15 Limited and can only welcome all the upgrades and changes - clutches and Motor and so many good things in only 3 years.
If I could do anything I wanted to and add two upgrades to what I see on the 18's besides some really cool colors would be two more switches one on each handlebar and definitely on The Handlebar. one on the left handlebar when I depress it gives me more time to ride the snowmobile and the one on the right bar activate a little arm with a scratcher on the end of it that comes out and scratches my nuts, besides that I'm completely happy :)
I can only imagine what they'll be like a couple more years when I can afford to start looking at New ones again.
loving everything im seeing so far...:eyebrows:

Premium Features