• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A-Arms

B
Aug 10, 2008
Is anyone concerned about the strength of the upper and lower a-arms? I know the polaris engineering team said the stock arms are just as strong if not stronger but them being cast is a concern for me. has anyone experienced lack of strength yet or are just putting aftermarket arms on?

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Is anyone concerned about the strength of the upper and lower a-arms? I know the polaris engineering team said the stock arms are just as strong if not stronger but them being cast is a concern for me. has anyone experienced lack of strength yet or are just putting aftermarket arms on?

I thought they were forged? Wouldn't be able to bend em if they were cast.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
They are Forged, same technology that they use on Corvette and other high end automotive A-arms, and have for about 30+ years. I'm not worried at all, in fact if those of you that have removed them in favor of aftermarket A-arms want to sell your stock AXYS A-Arms at a fair price PM me.

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
Yeah how much are they going for? I know I have a bad ball joint on mine and dealer is getting me a new one underwarrenty but can't get just ball joint so there getting me a whole arm

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Yeah how much are they going for? I know I have a bad ball joint on mine and dealer is getting me a new one underwarrenty but can't get just ball joint so there getting me a whole arm

The online parts fiche shows all the parts including the upper and lower ball joints available separately.

As to The resale value question;

I doubt anyone will give you as much as an aftermarket set.

So $250-$300 for just the four forged Arms w/o bushings or ball joints.

To get $450-$500 they would need to come complete with ball joints and bushings.

For those that have them off, what do they weigh in at?

We are all curious aren't we?

Just how close are they to ALT's TI A-arms?

Z-broz with the billet aluminum upper?

Etc.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
only loads one picture at a time? Anyway. Note these are not with all the fasteners ( lower ball joint to spindle bolts and nut and upper nuts. Not a lot but it all counts.
Dan

image.jpg

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
Newer Chevy Trucks have forged control arms on the front end also. They are plenty strong
Time will tell after the first amount of snow is around. Usually by Thanksgiving we should here about people hitting stuff and either being good, bending, breaking.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
it's crazy you guys are already removing a part off a sled that hasn't been run yet because it "flexes". At least these ones aren't glued together!!!

The new a-arms will be great, run em unless you want a skinnier front end, or different geometry, or after a half a season you see huge failures (which won't happen).

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
it's crazy you guys are already removing a part off a sled that hasn't been run yet because it "flexes". At least these ones aren't glued together!!!

The new a-arms will be great, run em unless you want a skinnier front end, or different geometry, or after a half a season you see huge failures (which won't happen).

Better stock up on all these stock arms for sell. :eek:hwell:
Just sayin.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Lol right but if loudhandle wants to offer me 400 for my stock arms, I'll go ahead and step up to a set of zbroz 36" arms for 80 bucks :biggrin1:

Premium Features