• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKS Riser problems

A
Dec 6, 2012
So I had a 2 inch riser block on my 2013 SBA - with the tall pro taper bars. I went to switch it over tonight and the break line on the SKS is too short! I don't understand why they would put such a short brake line on the SKS. Has any one else had this issue yet? I'm debating getting a 1in riser or longer brake line. Seems like the other cables reach fine. How difficult is it to put a longer brake line on?

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
So I had a 2 inch riser block on my 2013 SBA - with the tall pro taper bars. I went to switch it over tonight and the break line on the SKS is too short! I don't understand why they would put such a short brake line on the SKS. Has any one else had this issue yet? I'm debating getting a 1in riser or longer brake line. Seems like the other cables reach fine. How difficult is it to put a longer brake line on?

Gotta ask how tall you are. The tall Pro Taper bar is a great boondocking bar and I do believer taller than that on the Switchback Assault (stocker). I am pretty sure the stock bar was equivalent to the new Pro Taper medium.

A
Dec 6, 2012
I also understood that the new "Tall" pro taper was taller than the stock SBA bar. I'm 6'2 but like to have a little elbow bend and not have my arms fully extended when standing. I loved the bar height I had on the SBA - extremely comfortable to stand with.

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
I'm 6'1" and loves the pro taper high rise last year so I went again this year on sks so if was me I would just add 1" and try it out and extend line if need be but I don't think u will be disappointed with the high rise. Also just get a longer line and re bleed the system. Probly easiest to bleed from caliper up like a dirt bike my guess

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Yup I had the same issue they really screwed up on the brake line length, could have done 2" longer there easy, I'm 6'7" and ran a 4 inch riser on my 14 pro but 2" is the max on the axys and thats tight I will change the line if I need it higher. Throttle cable is getting close to its limit as well so probably have to change that as well .......sucks :face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis

A
Dec 6, 2012
I ended up getting a 1in riser - bar height is decent I guess. More importantly no need for cable extensions. plenty of room. could maybe even do a 1.5in if someone made one.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
To make a 4" riser work? Or is 2" the max" I am 6'5" and ran a 4" block on my PRO's.

Is the new Tall bar the same as the previous Pro Taper?

I am 6'1" and I had the stock Pro Tapers with a 1" riser on my 13 Pro. After riding with the Rasmussen crew in Island Park last year, I realized that my bars were much too high for optimum in backcountry riding. I had already cut them down 5/8 " on each side because they were too wide. I ordered my 16 Axys with the low bars (already narrower than the previous Pro Taper bars). I figured that it will be a lot cheaper for me to raise the low bars (still have the 1" riser) than it would be to buy new bars. However, when I stand on the Axys with the low bars, they are right where they should be according to what I learned from the Rasmussen team pros. Too high and too wide is not good for control. You may want to reconsider how high you want your bars to be. My skill level went up when the bars went down last year.

D
Oct 31, 2013
NH
6' 1 here and I'm running mid bars and thinking of switching to the low bars. if you really want to side hill and run in the trees the low bars will help you be a better rider keeping the bars out of your chest.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Not positive on the end going into the caliper on Axys's but on other Polaris models we just went to the auto parts store and bought a 6" piece of line that already had the fittings for under $10.00, they may of had shorter one time I did it. Then if that makes it too long you could bend it or run the line a different route to eat some up.

K
Oct 17, 2015
However, when I stand on the Axys with the low bars, they are right where they should be according to what I learned from the Rasmussen team pros. Too high and too wide is not good for control. You may want to reconsider how high you want your bars to be. My skill level went up when the bars went down last year.

I'm curious to know where the bars should be for best control....

Premium Features