• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice fishing?

S
Nov 1, 2008
Sabin MN
So I havent been ice fishing since I was in my early teens, but recently got reintroduce to it via brother in law. Anyways my inlaws live at the lake and its only 36 miles from my house so gonna add ice fishing to my long list of hobbies. Gonna build a permantent house 8 by 12 ft. Any tips on ice fishing in general or building the ice house? Anyone else here ice fishing?

jzanc532

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
So I havent been ice fishing since I was in my early teens, but recently got reintroduce to it via brother in law. Anyways my inlaws live at the lake and its only 36 miles from my house so gonna add ice fishing to my long list of hobbies. Gonna build a permantent house 8 by 12 ft. Any tips on ice fishing in general or building the ice house? Anyone else here ice fishing?

Its a blast even though I never catch anything, and usually get more drinking done than fishing :face-icon-small-win

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
Its a blast even though I never catch anything, and usually get more drinking done than fishing :face-icon-small-win

^^^^^^^^^^ I agree 100%^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry I don't have any tips on your Ice shack build. But, I would like to get a good older Frabil portable to pull behind my sled. There is too much snow on the lakes here to even get a permanent shack on the ice.

S
Nov 1, 2008
Sabin MN
Some of my friends were teasing me about pulling a ice house with my pro rmk,"kinda like pulling your Nascar race trailer with your Nascar". My bro inlaw has a portable house we use and works good, but we want to do the permanent thing also so we can get the kids out more often and fit a few more friends in there at once.

jzanc532

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
Some of my friends were teasing me about pulling a ice house with my pro rmk,"kinda like pulling your Nascar race trailer with your Nascar". My bro inlaw has a portable house we use and works good, but we want to do the permanent thing also so we can get the kids out more often and fit a few more friends in there at once.

I got a 1999 polaris 600 rmk ill trade you straight across for your pro to pull your hut :lol: The permanent house would be awesome if you could figure a good way to make it. Only problem I see is that it would be hard to move if you had it at a location that didn't have the greatest fishing.

Premium Features