• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I got a free 2001 Ski Doo Grand Touring 500!

S
Jan 28, 2008
Denver, CO
But it needs love. Apparently, the motor runs but the transmission is broken. It now doesn't go either forward or reverse. My question is this: Would it just be easier to find the right gears and chain and turn it into a sled without reverse? It also will be needing a new seat. Does a one-up seat fit on there? Thanks in advance for any help.

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
part

I have a stock one up seat and have a chaincase drive assembly.. 50.00 for seat and 100.00 for chaincase brake assembly..i will include drivers and cross shaft..in price plus shipping

S
Jan 28, 2008
Denver, CO
Need more parts!

So my "rat rod" project is progressing. Slowly. If I'd quit breaking my other sleds I could actually focus on the project. Anyway, I have a current picture below. I spent a few hours cleaning out the mouse fur and chicken feathers.

I've decided to change up the front end to make it more of a carving machine. The current ski stance is about 42 inches. I'm looking for the parts to narrow that up. So, anyone parting out a Summit of that era?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If I remember right this has been discussed already in the ZX section of the forum and I forget the reason but I don't believe you can narrow the front end of the zx chassis, something to do with the shocks I think.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Never mind I reread that thread and you can narrow em down:lol:

Premium Features