• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injector service?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Got an 07 700 Dragon that I need to have the injectors cleaned and tested... who do you all recommend?

I'm in Utah so if there is someone closer in the West that would be good for turn around time.

sled_guy

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I planned to do that to my 660 last winter but realized I would have to cut up my harness to do it.

Therefore, I made a switch setup to activate the pump and injector where I could monitor the spray pattern and also a flow rate test of volume/time to compare the 4 injectors.

They ended up passing my amateur attempt at testing them so I installed new O-rings and reassembled.

MH has a couple favored shops, one of which is close to me but when I inquired whether they did snowmobile injectors the response was not all that comforting about "not sure" send them in and they would try.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I use a transformer and wiring that I stash in a recycled (look, I know how to do that too) Poweraid container. Pump switch is on/off, injector switch is momentary. I had some old car stereo connectors that seemed to work to plug into the factory sled harness. Not a perfect fit (2 wires versus 4) but it handles it just fine. The probes are .035 welding wire soldered to some stranded electrical wire to fire the injectors through the factory connector.

I was hitting about 56 psi with the pump turned on. The pressure bled back to 52 while I was getting the camera zoomed in.

Last edited:

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Im in IDAHO FALLS I have a ASNU injector test/cleaning machine .
25.00 per injector leave the harness on the injectors it removes in a section .

Premium Features