• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 rev clutch question

P
Dec 31, 2007
just bought a 04 800. so much fun. when i stop and am at idle the sled still wants to roll forward and the idle is just right. what gives and how do i fix??? thanks for the info in advance.

P
Dec 31, 2007
ok

i know just enough to get myself in trouble is this easy to do? can you please give me some pretty detailed instructions? thanks for the quick response!

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
What Slim sez.

Also, my 04 just started dooing this--turns out the primary moving sheave bushing went bad and cocked the sheave on the shaft. Have to replace it, big bucks.

P
Dec 31, 2007
deflection

was set at 6 (max) i moved to 4 and it seemed to fix. does this sound right? how much was your fix? how do i diagnose? can you explain please? what does that setting 1-6 really do?

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
If this is the secondary then your are adjusting the highth that the belt ride in it. The high the belt rides 6 the less deflection you will have, hence the sled wanting to move foward at idle. If you drop it to 1 then the belt will sit down in the clutch to deep in turn you should notice a bit of slippage on a lite takeoff. Your belt should sit about 1/16th of an inche, or a lil more than a cpule fingernail thickness. That should be right if your center to center of clutch bolts are right.

Premium Features