• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Here Looking for axys turbo help

I
Jan 17, 2017
I just got my first Polaris always had arctic cat. I got a 2017 pro rmk axys le lime. Now I have never had a turbod sled and looking to put a turbo on this one. ive searched all over the tread and cant find the information that I am looking for on the axys kits. I'm looking into a mtntk turbo or a silber I know that cost difference and that doesn't bother me I just want reliable WITHOUT cutting a hole in the tunnel is why I chose one of these two kits. my questions are what are you noticing for power difference? I am at sea level and go out west 3 to 4 times a year. Also what is fuel/oil consumption between these to kits vs stock? also how is cooling on silber vs the mtntk with the extra cooler? and what all else is done to make it reliable to you all the tension to the belt drive? will stock parts handle a turbo? I am a big guy if that matters just like to pull the ski tips up more!!

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I just got my first Polaris always had arctic cat. I got a 2017 pro rmk axys le lime. Now I have never had a turbod sled and looking to put a turbo on this one. ive searched all over the tread and cant find the information that I am looking for on the axys kits. I'm looking into a mtntk turbo or a silber I know that cost difference and that doesn't bother me I just want reliable WITHOUT cutting a hole in the tunnel is why I chose one of these two kits. my questions are what are you noticing for power difference? I am at sea level and go out west 3 to 4 times a year. Also what is fuel/oil consumption between these to kits vs stock? also how is cooling on silber vs the mtntk with the extra cooler? and what all else is done to make it reliable to you all the tension to the belt drive? will stock parts handle a turbo? I am a big guy if that matters just like to pull the ski tips up more!!

I would start out by reading all the post/threads from over the last year or two in the Turbo section. I just bought/installed/rode my first Silber Turbo'd sled. All I need to say is WOW!. There is nothing like gaining an easy 60-70 HP in the mountains. You can gain more if you want as well.

By the looks of your name, you must tractor pull. What state/division?

I
Jan 17, 2017
Eastern iowa to hot too farm class. just selling my tractor decided I liked snowmobiling more we will see if I need rehab In the summer sense I wont b pulling lol

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Running a Silber kit at sea level and up all year long. I'm at 500 miles so far this season and just went through my first belt on Sunday. It's been pull and go for me every trip. I've actually sat around while N/A have had to wrench on their sleds 100% of the time more than they've sat around on me wrenching on mine.
I'd chalked that up to being pretty fortunate/lucky. I'm also a neat freak when it comes to keeping the sled maintenance during the weekdays so it's ready for the weekends.
There are some MTNTK guys on here who have had great success with those kits and are loving their setups. I believe they are higher up in elevation but some of the guys across the ocean are low elevation and running he MTNTK's. Jump over to the thread called TRS Clutching and PM one of those gents for some MTNTK info.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I have had a few different kits in the past. I bought a MTNTK this year for my 17 LE. The quality, fit and finish is fantastic. The extra cooler works great sled never gets hot. The other big thing for me was the muffler. Turbo sleds I have owned in the past had little to no muffler and that gets old real quick. The Borg Warner turbo is a real plus. Spools so fast not a single burble on the bottom end. Starts runs and sounds like a stock sled until you squeeze the throttle. You don't think about, pull and go. Power difference between stock and this kit is day and night. I compared fuel consumption last week against a stock 174 le a 15 xm 872 and a new 850 all running pretty hard in fairly deep snow. The difference was not much I was actually very surprised. One more thing.. When you call Shawn at MTNTK he comes to the phone.

Last edited:

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
What does the quiet muffler look like? My silber looks different than most I see

Trying a photo for the first time. Let me know if you can not see it, thx.
picture.php

Last edited:

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
I was in the same predicament as you last year I went with Silber and not one regret the system is awesome. I trail ride in ny and take two to three trips out to Dillion Colorado. A quick spring change and lose some weight on the clutches is a whole different animal. I've got somewhere around 500 on the kit in a SkS and not one hiccup. I also put one on a sba this year I couldn't stand to ride a stock sled anymore lol. What ever way you choose I'm sure you'll be ruined for ever. One more thing the install is super easy done in about 3 beers.

O

orange2

Feb 1, 2010
Ihpulling, im in buffalo center iowa, have a silber kit on my rmk assault, running 3lb spring, i love it, come ride and look at it if you want. Very clean install and runs great. I

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
A couple of other points that should be considered. 1. The BW turbo. I have had the old Silber original turbo , KPA 2863 and a Garrett 2863. The response of the Borg is much better. 2. MTNTK comes with a Bully Dog tuner. If I want MTNTK to look at how my sled is running.. Set your data log parameters. When you get to the riding area you want to data log. Hit start on the BD tuner. It records 15 minutes of your riding. I believe it can store 10. You can then email the data log or logs to Shawn at MTNTK and he will analyze them to make sure everything is what its supposed to be. My sled is running great but I thought what heck lets send him a datalog. If they find something that needs changed, he can email me a new tune. Plug and Play

Last edited:
Premium Features