• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.86" pitch drivers on a apex turbo?

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Gods country B.C. !
I need to upgrade the track on my apex turbo but I'm not finding what I'm looking for! I want a 162/16/2.5 that has the lugs running all the way to the edge, not set in 1\2" like the 9176 seems to be. The old 9944m was all the way out but I'm not having any luck finding one. My thought was if I went to 2.86 I would gain a little more clearance for the bigger lugs and I think the CE for the doo runs the lugs all the way to the edge in a 163/16/2.5 ? Correct me if I'm wrong or if this is a bad idea. I'm coming off a 174/15/2.5 sled and the 162/16/2.5 puts down virtually the same footprint, I just want as much traction as possible without stretching to a 174" again. Thanks for any and all input!

J
Nov 27, 2007

If you can get drivers from avid then the skidoo is a great track, I tried this a few years ago with wahl drivers and they didnt hold up, I could only get 100 miles and they would roll. went threw 3 sets. with boost, if you are stock it would work fine with the wahls... just my experience.. avid was talking about doing drivers just didnt before I gave up.. julio

Premium Features