• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 D8-Running Great

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
My 08 D8 runs better now than it ever has! The '10 update did the trick. I absolutely love it!! Oh BTW, the Better Boards were the best mod I have done on any of my sleds! No loss of traction in any type of terrain when your climbing and jumping from side to side in the thick trees without fear of sliding off and crashing and hitting a tree and costing yourself maybe 5 times what the boards cost in damage!! Thanks Rob!!!!!

08poo800

Nov 26, 2007
Shakopee, MN
08 & 09 D-8 155 in MN

Got out riding yesterday with a buddy with our D-8 155's and am happy but not satisfied. I realize it was the 1st ride and we only put on 50 or so miles, but I only get out west for 2 trips and want to make the most of them.

Sleds ran good, but not great. Both had a low end bog that you would run into while controling speed while sidehilling. Both sleds seemed to have good power, but then again it was the first ride of the season and we are also in MN so at this elevation any 800 will feel powerful.

My 08 has a SLP single set up on it and it has always ran very strong and perfect. I added less than 1/2 of the oil the dealer gave to me to the 1st tank of gas.

My buddies 09 is stock and I am not sure how much oil he put in the gas.

I am currently researching the PC-5, hoping they are available and they do what everyone says they do. I would like to have all the HP I paid for as well as the perfect running machine I rode the last 2 years.

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Add me to the list of happy customers. I didn't have the problems that some had before the update, bit with the update I gained 200 rpm and it seemed to pull harder. There is a bog again but I cured that with dtj's 157 HP map on a stock assault and gained another 200 rpm so now it is time to re-clutch.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Mine is running great too, but with all the talk about the PC and how lean the midrange is, I'm scared! Hate to spend another 4-500.00 dollars but I want this sled to live!

Premium Features