• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

timbersled optional mounting holes

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
who has tried the forward holes on their timbersled skids. looks to me that with the front mounting holes you will lose travel as it bottoms on the shock rather than the bump stops (I think this will bend the bottom shaft). I run 15 - 18lbs of boost and after lots of tuning a had it pretty good with rearward holes. I like to play in the trees just as much as climbing. The instructions say rearward holes boondock better but forward holes control ski-lift better. Just looking for results from people who have tried the diffrent holes and how they like them. thanks in advance.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
I have had one ride on the Tsled in my nytro with the new setup. It is alot stiffer which was nice for me as I am about 290 geared up. Still have to play with the shock pressures a little bit more to dial it in. The limiter strap settings are way too tight in my opinion. I have backed off mine to about the 7th hole from the 5th

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I have 4 rides in on the new skid @ 15lbs and its working pretty good. Im about 250 geared up and running a 162 on a nytro. It is stiffer than the rear holes and the limiter setting to me were far off as well, im running in the 7th hole. It does an ok job at keeping the front end down the way its setup now but does lose the easy ride down the trail compared to the rear holes. Overall, its working pretty good and am happy with it for the price.

W
Mar 25, 2009
Just installed update kit with the rear mount moved up 1 3/8 in the tunnel. Before update with the suspesion moved up it road and handled like a stocker with easy steer and minimal ski lift @ 16psi. Going to test it tomorrow will let you know how it works.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
The rear shock has to be revalved to run in the forward hole and the front shock has to have the Nitrogen recharged. Ran mine a little today with the new float X in the front hole and transfer is dramatically changed. Will get some tuning done tomorrow. It never bottomed and handled the trail whoops with ease

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
I also moved mine up further in the tunnel, tunnel sits at 3.5 degrees. in rear holes i had it pretty good. tried front holes yesterday. ride quality did suffer quite a bit. I also noticed quite a bit less travel when jumping (but it doesn't bottom now). holds front down better to. tried playing with pressures quite a bit, got it better but not great. I am also running the float X shock. I think I might try rear holes again, with the float x and try 175psi and more damping.I also noticed the rear arm may be bent again as the transfer rod doesn,t touch both sides at the same time I'll look closer today.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Tried the update kit and revalved shocks, used the forward holes, 55psi in front shock and 150 psi in rear, limiter sucked up too 7th hole soaked bumps up great and handled good on trail, didnt get to try many pulls with it ran about 14 psi boost was socked in.. In the deep stuff seemed to trench more than old settings..

W
Mar 25, 2009
I'm not sure if i like the forward position, made the sled front end heavy again even with limiter in 4th hole. Runnind 55psi in front and 150psi in rear. It was hard to tell how it really worked because of horrible snow conditions. Wish there was a happy medium for boondocking and climbing.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
ran 2 weekends with revalved shocks and forward holes. noticed that suspension won't compress enough to hit the bump stops. also i think the center shock seemed to provide rougher ride. ride about 80lbs front 120rear.

sled seems to boondock well and gets up and on top on uphill starts nicely. haven't noticed much transfer improvement, even though i'm not boosted, i did this in hoping to get the skid to handle rough trail and aggressive riding, limiters are sucked up and i can still pull the skis up when doing good boondocking.

Premium Features