• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 t vector 162 clutching help

got a 05 vector gt2560 rear mount turbo 162 track. Its sluggish, a 500 fan cooled doo eats me for 40-50ft "HELP". the engagment seems to be at 3800 when you smash it been told its too low, going to bump the weights up to hit 4500-4700. what else can i do white pink white primary spring and a neon green secondary in the center hole. Not sure what gears I have but any sugestions would help:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Clutching

I can probally check to see what mine has in it. And let you know. I have done alot of searching and there is not alot of info for the tvec's clutching. If it was a front mount it could be more closely compared to the tnytro clutching, at lower boost. I will check this weekend and let you know.

thanks for the help found the problem (sluggish off the line,slight chatter) bushing forced out of the secondary clutch causing belt slippage, melted rollers and gouged up 55-51 helix not to mention the belt dammage. Good thing I took it to the local yammi dealership for a complete service and inspection 29km and boom. not saying the name but dont go to FT Sask AB for yamaha service. sad thing is I heard some noise on my first ride, new sled to me. going in tomorrow to get told tuff s**t but need to blow off steam. $622 service and now a complete secondary life is "GOOD":mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i remember a few things i had on my old mcx vec kit i had a 46degree strait cut helix with vmax 4 weights loaded i think i used the stock secondary spring but cant remember the primary.

Premium Features