• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Pro RMK Fix Kit?

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Hey wondering who has installed any "fix kits" as they call them. Was gonna do the sled up with a terra alps kit this year, but going to ride it one more season than upgrade so not looking to spend a ton of cash. Has anyone does the wiseco kit? Or have any preference that's a fairly reasonable cost?

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
The MTNTK fix kit is the only kit you should be looking at. all the other companies copied them. The Wiseco piston is great, you just have to make sure that the sled is warmed up properly to avoid any cold shock on the pistons. Forged pistons expanded a bit more that cast and can case scoring problems if the motor isnt completely warm before you start running it hard.
And stay away from Terra Alps.... might as well burn your money!!

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
Bought "fix" kit from hanson racing, wiseco pistons and shim, just like mtntk.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
The MTNTK fix kit is the only kit you should be looking at. all the other companies copied them. The Wiseco piston is great, you just have to make sure that the sled is warmed up properly to avoid any cold shock on the pistons. Forged pistons expanded a bit more that cast and can case scoring problems if the motor isnt completely warm before you start running it hard.
And stay away from Terra Alps.... might as well burn your money!!

Bad experience with terra?

K
Apr 15, 2015
There are a lot of kits out there trying to copy Mtntk but have not seen one that works as well and is as dependable as theirs.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Subjective data - two most popular "fix kits" around here since the 2011's came out seemed to be Indy Dan's, and RKT. Not talking big bores. Different approaches. Neither have been perfect. Most customers I've seen have been pretty pleased. FWIW.

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Thanks for the replies guys, I've heard a lot of ups and downs to terra alps. Not their product itself, but solely customer service. What I'm most looking for I guess is something I can order in Canada. Our dollar is so bad right now I'll pay out the *** for something in US $. I will though look into MTNtk kits. And yes I run the forged pistons in my old sled, and they seemed okay but you're right, long warm up times.

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Has anyone ordered the kit through Mongoose Machining in BC? I see it's about 650$ canadian through mtntk, but shipping is expensive too. If I can cut costs on shipping then it pays for my gaskets etc..

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
FWIW, the whole piston expansion between forged and cast pistons is complete bs. The aluminum used in pistons is an alloy, as is all useful things made from aluminum. It can easily be formulated to minimize expansion. The expansion difference between cast and forged pistons is well within the tolerance spec.

With that said, never let a 2 stroke engine sit and idle for a long time. That's actually much harder on it. It also fouls plugs. Just run it, but don't hammer on it until it's warm.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
You would think that the expansion would be a little bit more uniform .

IMG exhaust_20130819_080202_476 (450x800).jpg IMG intake_20130819_080133_111 (450x800).jpg

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Hansen
PM me, I'm looking for a kit for my '15 as well. I have a broker etc, ship parts up daily from usa, maybe we can get us a deal..

Premium Features