• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The yamadoo is going yama-chromoly.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
so.... chaincase/jackshaft almost totally done and in..

and i can clear a 4.5" track right now.. and a minor redesign and i could clear a 5" no problem!! wtf?? i guess i have room for a front cooler!

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
This sled doesn't exist..........unless we see pictures.

I take pics and video of everything - get your pics up!

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
just saw both the chassis and they are looking really sweet... they have some great ideas going into this years chassis. stoked to ride the lightest turbo'd sleds out there this year! i think they will be for sure... really going to be pushing some power to the snow. and be hella responsive. good job fellas...

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
just saw both the chassis and they are looking really sweet... they have some great ideas going into this years chassis. stoked to ride the lightest turbo'd sleds out there this year! i think they will be for sure... really going to be pushing some power to the snow. and be hella responsive. good job fellas...

....and now we have you teasing us too! :) Hope to see what all the fuss is about soon!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
haha.. thanks buddy..

pretty excited. hoping to have them running before the end of the month. lets see how that pans out for us!

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
Josh called me about two weeks ago to come to his shop and put a new windshield in his pickup. When I got there, I relized he had brought me to the secret build site of these two chassis's. I couldn't believe what I saw. Unreal. That's all I can say. What these two boys are doing is amazing!!!!!

How's the chaincase, (Belt drive) coming? Is it going to happen?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
you didnt know you had gotten top secret clearance to come out did you??

as for the drive system...were working on it.. im still going to be running my chaincase for now. but may work on the belt upgrade mid season depending on how development goes.

you will be one of the first to hear.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well, had some welder issues, so shut us down for a week. back on it again. and this dang college program really takes a bit out of my spare time

got tabs all cut and prepped for a-arm mounts, and a prototype set. now just to build copies of them. that was the biggest step. have one side of one with a-arms and shocks tacked on.

i got ALL of my header materials in and am ready to work on that. hopefully tommorow get the whole chassis finish welded up. and maybe get some header work done! also coolers are bend up and ready to install for me.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
so i finally broke down and will get you a small little taste of whats going on. the first 2 a-arms.. and got a jig to make more of them. works really good and holds em super snug allowing for easy replication.

we weighed these 2 and did the math for a whole set with the rod ends. ~8# for a full set! this is gonna be a good year.

2011-11-02202944.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
no, so we can make more then 2 of them. these one were built in place to clear everything and get spindle angle where we want them.. just need to replicate them. but i am sure that an extra set or two many end up being created over time. it took maybe an hour to build upper and lower jigs and guarantees all our arms are identical.

as for ski stance, due to the threaded ends we can adjust the width of the arms about 1.5" total, plus the normal adjustment with ski spacers. the arms are adjustable from ~37-38.5 center to center...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
identical. the only thing thats different chassis wise is the cross bracing design in the back of our tunnels, otherwise they are mirrors of one another.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
and... a spy photo of parts now that htings are coming together. I had a few pictures of my header, but there are some issues and i cant upload them.

2011-11-07203924.jpg

Premium Features