• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

70 Degree Husaberg Folks??

D
Jan 23, 2011
Who else on here is running a Husaberg setup?

Just picked up a 2011 FE570 S with 25 hours on it never seen dirt really. And also snow checked a 2016 TS ST with TSS

Just a few questions for any Husaberg guys.

How does your intake work? any snow problems? what setup are you running?

What are you doing for weight reduction? I am going to put this unit on a diet, signals and all lighting is coming off(will run helmet lamp) and also front plate changed to a no light plate.

Also how are you guys finding the fuel injection system? running fine? i have a MAP switch what are you guys running?

Also what mods are you all doing?

I heard the stator is big enough(220w) to run hand warmers is this true?

anyone got pics to share as well? heres mine.

18116_10152841880768424_8255833566896005682_n.jpg

Thanks

D
Jan 23, 2011
You might want to check with Timbersled if the tss works with that bike. I think I read about subframe clearance issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the heads up, I really hope I can make it work somehow the TSS as that was one of the main selling features for me over a YETI kit.

I will have to shoot them an email i guess and maybe i can guinea pig a setup that will work. although im afraid they wont want to put any R and D into a bike design that is now retired. Damnit!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
The TSS will not fit unless you are OK with cutting some of the lower subframe out. We have a berg 570 running with a kit on it and the little tab that hangs off it already barely rubs the subframe on the kits. So the TSS will definately give you issues. That being said, don't hesitate to run the 16 kit without the TSS, seriously impressive suspension feel vs older kits.

The intake works really well aside from insanely deep days. we just ran a dry foam filter and prefilter over it. which worked killer. It would randomly need to be dug out but with the quick disconnect on the seat its so fast and easy to do we never bothered to mess with it more. Just make sure to take it all apart after each ride and clean things out as the way the airbox is sitting as the snow melts it feeds the water into the motor.

As for mods, the map switch didn't seem to affect how it felt in the snow at all. We ran an Akro slip on which greatly helped top end which is key for snowbiking a bike that barely turns over 9k rpm. We did run a dobeck Gen 4 on ours and found the stock fuel mapping was fairly close but we liked it just to clean it up extra and handle the fueling for our nitrous setup we were running on it :)

D
Jan 23, 2011
The TSS will not fit unless you are OK with cutting some of the lower subframe out. We have a berg 570 running with a kit on it and the little tab that hangs off it already barely rubs the subframe on the kits. So the TSS will definately give you issues. That being said, don't hesitate to run the 16 kit without the TSS, seriously impressive suspension feel vs older kits.

The intake works really well aside from insanely deep days. we just ran a dry foam filter and prefilter over it. which worked killer. It would randomly need to be dug out but with the quick disconnect on the seat its so fast and easy to do we never bothered to mess with it more. Just make sure to take it all apart after each ride and clean things out as the way the airbox is sitting as the snow melts it feeds the water into the motor.

As for mods, the map switch didn't seem to affect how it felt in the snow at all. We ran an Akro slip on which greatly helped top end which is key for snowbiking a bike that barely turns over 9k rpm. We did run a dobeck Gen 4 on ours and found the stock fuel mapping was fairly close but we liked it just to clean it up extra and handle the fueling for our nitrous setup we were running on it :)

Ice age Thanks for the info. If I have to hack a subframe up to make it fit I'm not really against that assuming I can find a second one and just swap it in as my winter subframe. I really want to run the TSS to have more of a dirtbike feel.

Do you have any pictures of where your strut rod is rubbing? Or just pictures of your setup in general. I will have to look into the exhaust as well i heard it opens them up.

I wonder if I can do anything else to keep moisture and water out of the engine after a melt. Sometimes it may melt before I can get to it

Would love to see some pics.

Thanks and ps love your rails. Had them on my xm. May need a set for the TS kit

Last edited:

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Unfortunately the bike looks like yours does. Its a run around rig now that its warm out. But if you look at your subframe where the mud flap screws on, shifter side, there is a little tab of it that hangs down, that barely rubs the kits.

If you were OK with lopping that off it would be no issue to allow it to flex.

Some shots of it in the showroom and on the snow last season.

1980489_697430863653902_5485205586509465249_o.jpg

558863_585314191532237_1607924055_n.jpg

10257691_706334402763548_1065075661692244034_o.jpg

Last edited:
D
Jan 23, 2011
man she looks good! cant wait to get it setup, was looking at that subframe. its worth hacking up for me to have TSS, hopefully i can find another one or just find another way to mount my flap. i may even try to heat and bend it all depending how much room the TSS needs. i imagine a fair amount because the PDS shock sits to the right.

I have a 2015 ST kit on my FE390 and I'm looking to modify my subframe (like you, i'd look to by a second one and hack it up) to allow for the suspension compression of the TSS.

It doesn't look like it'll require alot of hacking at all really.

Or the alt. is to just mock up a fully custom subframe and skip the husaberg one completely.

I was asking about this in another thread and Brent from timbersled gave me this info, but i've yet to have a chance to call and chat with Corrie:

Call Corrie at Brewster West Motorsports in Calgary. (403-933-2424) then post up what you figure out.
I seem to recall a few years ago he built a few 70 degree Bergs with 2Moto kits; and he changed them over to the KTM style rear subframes to get them to mount up. He could tell you if that was easy, expensive, or worth it.

If you call, please write back with any info :)

Cheers

Jeff

D
Jan 23, 2011
I have a 2015 ST kit on my FE390 and I'm looking to modify my subframe (like you, i'd look to by a second one and hack it up) to allow for the suspension compression of the TSS.

It doesn't look like it'll require alot of hacking at all really.

Or the alt. is to just mock up a fully custom subframe and skip the husaberg one completely.

I was asking about this in another thread and Brent from timbersled gave me this info, but i've yet to have a chance to call and chat with Corrie:

Call Corrie at Brewster West Motorsports in Calgary. (403-933-2424) then post up what you figure out.
I seem to recall a few years ago he built a few 70 degree Bergs with 2Moto kits; and he changed them over to the KTM style rear subframes to get them to mount up. He could tell you if that was easy, expensive, or worth it.

If you call, please write back with any info :)

Cheers

Jeff

Jeff,

Talked to Corrie at Brewster West, they can not adapt a KTM subframe to a Husa 70 Degree, only the Husa 501 frame style(more ktm frame)

i have asked him about some additional power things too, well see what he says.

Thanks
Dustin

good to know, thx for calling!

I found a few 70 degree subframes on ebay but they are a little pricey @ 200+ shipping.

I have friends with fabrication skills so next year perhaps i'll look @roping them into helping me mock up something maybe :)

I'll keep updating this thread with any thoughts/plans we come up with.

Cheers

jeff

D
Jan 23, 2011
up up,

anything new on the Husaberg front?

I have picked up a second subframe on ebay and am going to be hacking that up to make the kit fit proper.

I ran into Allen from TS in Revelstoke on the May Long weekend and he stated they had not tested a 70 degree setup wit TSS but he was really looking forward to getting some pictures from me so he could pass them on to fellow 70 degree owners.

will keep you all posted... let it snow let it snow.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I am also a loving 70deg berg owner. I have scaled my problem down to 3.

The intake is great in stock form with a prefilter over the stock foam. Every once in a while you will bomb a big soft tree well and injest a wad of snow that makes for a temporary stall, but it is rare. I removed the rubber intake boot on my FX450/660 and did a conical air filter straight on the throttle body. I was very happy with this set up even in the 4' champaign powder down in wolf creek last year.

On my stock 570 I run no fuel controller even with exhaust upgrade. My KMS turbo 570 I run PCV and it tunes well. On the FX450/660 thumper racing bike I use Bazzaz with auto tune. I was very happy this this last year. No failures and percise repiedable tuning on all three bikes I ran it on.

The TSS may or may not fit. I tried very hard to make a 2015 SX fit last season and I had to stop cutting when I got to the stock fuel tank and fuel pump in the way. I have a hacked subframe on the 450/660 and will do a TSS test fit on this bike as soon as I get my hands I one. I will keep you updated.

The stator is large enough to support AME heated grips and Cyclops LED 6 or 3 headlight.

I did have a cam chain tensioner failure at -20deg on day. I install manual cam chain tensioners now.

I also do thermostats on my bikes. I can sell you a ThermoBob. It works the best for this application.

Don't spend a lot of time on weight reduction. These bikes are quite portly and have big tractor power to compensate for it.

Wire a 10ga jumper lead from the battery to the out side of the bike so you can hook up a micro jump box when ever you need it. This way it is ready and you do not have to remove the seat every time. You will thank me. I use Balistic batterys with some success. They crank at super cold and have plenty of power, but they are particular on how they like to be treated. DO NOT RUN THEM DOWN AND THEN TRY TO JUMP IT. You will let the magic smoke out. If the bike does not start in the first two cranks hook up the micro jump box and add a teaspoon of fuel on the air cleaner.

The other must I should sell you is a SeatConcepts recover and new foam package. Your hind end will thank me as well. The stock 2x4 on this bike is probably the worst I have ever been on. I have one seat I transfer between bikes. I will not ride with out it.

Respring and revalve the front forks. As soon as you start riding agressively you will bottom out the front. I have some custom wound front springs I have made from .54 to .60 depending on rider weight. If you want the ultimate you can send me your forks and I cand do a custom valve and spring combo for the best snow ride.

One of my bikes takes a teaspoon of fuel on the air filter every time when it is under 20deg. on a cold start. After that it starts every time within a few revolutions.

A carbon fiber header pipe guard is a must if you like your $500 Klim pants.

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Thanks Toby, were you ever able to fit a TSS to a 570 Berg? My buddy has a 570 Beg with a 2015 LT and would like to upgrade to the TSS, I looked at the plastic nubby thing that needs to be cut, but am not sure how much can be cut off safely.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I have a TSS in my hands now and will fit it to the Berg next week. It looks as it will fit with some subframe trimming. I will post pics and all. It may not work with a 70deg aux fuel tank.

D
Jan 23, 2011
Toby I appreciate all your info Def stuff I needed to know. Couple questions.

Do I need a thermo Bob for sure? Or can I just get a different tempature thermostat for mine?

Also please keep me posted on the TSS if this does not fit my bike Im going to be pretty upset. I knew the cutting of the subframe but that doesn't bother me. It just better fit in general haha.

I will be ordering a cam chain tensioner. And also I found somewhere I can order .60 springs or so I thought. I'll have to find them again.

I found a guy that's going to sell me a SC seat as well as some pegs.

Sounds like my biggest issues to sort out are the TSS fitting. A thermostat solution and my fork.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
YES, you need a thermobob. I am a dealer for them. I can ship you one. Your factory thermostat has a flow through and will not fully seal and do the job you need.

I am also a Factory Connection dealer and can have a custom set of springs made for you. $199

I will have an answer and pictures of TSS on a 70 deg. Berg ASAP.

Toby I appreciate all your info Def stuff I needed to know. Couple questions.

Do I need a thermo Bob for sure? Or can I just get a different tempature thermostat for mine?

Also please keep me posted on the TSS if this does not fit my bike Im going to be pretty upset. I knew the cutting of the subframe but that doesn't bother me. It just better fit in general haha.

I will be ordering a cam chain tensioner. And also I found somewhere I can order .60 springs or so I thought. I'll have to find them again.

I found a guy that's going to sell me a SC seat as well as some pegs.

Sounds like my biggest issues to sort out are the TSS fitting. A thermostat solution and my fork.

D
Jan 23, 2011
Toby thanks for the offers. I will be honest though I'm going to try and find as much stuff locally as I can. The dollar is so bad right now. Even for products that come out of the USA it's sometimes cheaper up here because I don't pay shipping and such.

D
Jan 23, 2011
YES, you need a thermobob. I am a dealer for them. I can ship you one. Your factory thermostat has a flow through and will not fully seal and do the job you need.

I am also a Factory Connection dealer and can have a custom set of springs made for you. $199

I will have an answer and pictures of TSS on a 70 deg. Berg ASAP.

Toby I can get WP 48mm 43mm x 485mm springs up here in a .60.62.64.66

how do these WP springs differ from your custom wound units? just laying out y options.

Thanks
Dustin

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Spring rate is a spring rate. No real difference. As long as they are the correct size and length for your forks, use them.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I just got finished with the Denver snow show and pulled the TSS that was built for a YZ450f and tried it on a 70 deg Berg. It of coarse was to short but it did give the first look at the fit. The small tab on the bottom is the subframe that the mud flap attaches to will need to be trimmed completely off all the way until it is even with both flat sides. At this point the rear fender also touches the cross shaft and gear of the kit. The stock fuel tank clears nicely and there is nothing that is holding me back on saying TSS will work on the 70 deg Berg. I have ordered one for mine.

414ef2dcde9afc4dcbf1ae9dbdc2170b.jpg
abc364bbbf0459fe6a56692ce7a1a758.jpg
39258c8a6e57c869f043ff7c53f2b814.jpg
b9878cc501b69ec3eb9b2143d88deb00.jpg
c21c0fce7aff23ff99114a3235d3da9d.jpg
2ada29930010cc85b17541b0415b24bf.jpg

http://www.snowest.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49251&dateline=1414063337
Toby Till
Timbersled Regional Sales Rep, Henderson, Co. Ph: 720-263-7533. Email: toby@timbersledofcolorado.com
2015 Yamaha YZ450F KMS Turbo TS ST121, 2015 Yamaha YZ450F TS SX LT137, 2014 Yamaha WR450F TS LT 137, 2014 Yamaha WR450F TS ST 121, 2009 Husaberg FE570 KMS turbo TS LT137, 2010 Husaberg FX660 TS LT137

Premium Features