• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XTX 174" will it work

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
Got a customer that wants to convert his XTX skid to a 174- 2.5" wants a Timbersled skid rails and all. What drivers will work or will it work? trying to talk him down to 162 any thoughts?

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
From what i have heard with the 2.5 inch lug you can run the stock, or even better the avid drivers. It is the 3inch lug track that gives clearence issues in the front. If ur changing drivers anyway then camoplast recommends going to a 2.86 pitch track instead of a stock 3inch pitch. the 2.86 is molded differently and ends up being a way better design. Tracks usa said they have not seen a 2.86 camo extreme fail, but lots of the 3's tear lugs off. Changing drivers is way cheaper then having to buy two tracks cause lugs are flying off. Talk to tracks usa for more info, they are a sponsor on here.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
From what i have heard with the 2.5 inch lug you can run the stock, or even better the avid drivers. It is the 3inch lug track that gives clearence issues in the front. If ur changing drivers anyway then camoplast recommends going to a 2.86 pitch track instead of a stock 3inch pitch. the 2.86 is molded differently and ends up being a way better design. Tracks usa said they have not seen a 2.86 camo extreme fail, but lots of the 3's tear lugs off. Changing drivers is way cheaper then having to buy two tracks cause lugs are flying off. Talk to tracks usa for more info, they are a sponsor on here.

The reason they havent seen any 2.86 fall apart is because all the sleds running them are only making 120 hp, probably less at altitude. :face-icon-small-win

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Got a customer that wants to convert his XTX skid to a 174- 2.5" wants a Timbersled skid rails and all. What drivers will work or will it work? trying to talk him down to 162 any thoughts?
Is there any difference in the centre to centre of the XTX to the MTX? If you use short centres with a long track, then the leverage against the rear shock is way to much for it to handle. With longer c to c the rear shock does not have to work nearly as hard.
I would have a hard look at the Racers Edge skid. The coilover rear shock he uses is probably the best out there at this point. The ease of adjustability is sweet. They are light, but still very strong which is what you need in a Yamaha.

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
The reason they havent seen any 2.86 fall apart is because all the sleds running them are only making 120 hp, probably less at altitude. :face-icon-small-win

Picking on the new turbo guy eh? :face-icon-small-hap There is a thread on here somewhere talking about how the tracks are made I swear! :face-icon-small-ton When I buy one it will be a 2.86 pitch. I also hear they have a lot less vibration on the trail to.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I'm sure theres been a few run tbo 4 strokes, 10-20 maybe, compared to 10000 of them on boosted yamaha's. I had 5000 kms on my 162X2.5 when I sold it, it was only missing one lug and I remember the stump that caused it. I read the thread, there have also been some quality control issues with the tracks built last year from what I have heard. I'm sure the 2.86 is a great track, it just doesnt come in a 174X3". Until it does, I'm stuck with the 3" pitch. :face-icon-small-con

Premium Features