• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for heavier rivets for weights

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Those plates look very tidy and are along the lines of what I was thinking. Then I can put them on a scale before I rivet them on and get the totals for each arm the same. I find the 2 X 4.5 pins with a couple washers is ok for 17-18psi but I am looking to keep it away from the limiter with a little higher boost level without changing weight profiles. I can get it by steepening the helix but I don't like to have to do that as it produces a lot more heat in the clutches and loading the primary is the better way.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Just asking but why dont you guys buy some Dalton adjustable they work great? You really think the profile is that much better on the 8bu for all this micky mousing?

P

Pro116

Apr 19, 2008
Hauck Powersports has nut boldt combos up to either 6.5 or 7 grams for the yami oem weights.

darrin@mpi

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2009
We build a 7 gram rivet that fits in the stock yamaha wieght. Its top secret heavy metal (brass). It allows us to load up the factory wieght enough to keep the 20 pound Nytro off the limiter.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian, Idaho
We build a 7 gram rivet that fits in the stock yamaha wieght. Its top secret heavy metal (brass). It allows us to load up the factory wieght enough to keep the 20 pound Nytro off the limiter.

Yep I have some of these and they work well. If using them on 8FS weights you need to watch the clearances and some extra peening may be necessary.

S
Jan 6, 2008
A friend of mine has made a few set's of tungsten and brass inserts with a thread in the center and collar on 1 end. The other gets a 10/32 bolt with washers if needed. The tungsten are really heavy. Approx 10 grams. brass weigh 6 grams washers are a gram. Nice for adjusting on the trail.

Premium Features