• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WY trail pass for heading down 3 towards cement ridge?

W

willgeorge

Jun 19, 2011
Parshall, ND
Heading to black hills for the first time in a few weeks, looking at heading out of big hill lot down trail 3 towards cement ridge. map shows cement ridge in WY

Where can a guy get a WY trail pass close by? How strict are they on SD riders venturing onto the WY trails?

I realize the right answer is yes you need to get a pass, but I'd like to hear from the guys that ride down there alot.

Thanks

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Unless something has changed, you do NOT need a WY sticker. WY and SD stickers are honored throughout the Black Hills trail system, no matter which state you are in at that time.

So you can ride in WY with a SD sticker and vice versa.

Like I said, unless something has changed.

W

willgeorge

Jun 19, 2011
Parshall, ND
Thanks for the info.

my sled is registered in ND and SD honors the out of state registration from what i see online. but when i looked on the WY website they listed non res permits for $25 and doesnt clarify if another state registration covers you

however it sounds like in the black hills a guy can get away with not having a WY permit.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
All current out of state licenses are honored on the Black Hills system and the area does include the portion that goes into WY. WY does not honor other states license, when you leave the Black Hills area. You will be fine.

SD

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
As long as you have your sled registered in your state your good to go even in wy blackhills.

Premium Features