• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris PRO WOT Issues..

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
If your sled is experiencing issues (cutting out like it is shutting on and off) when you pin and hold the throttle.. Or if when WOT, your sled has a quick hesitation that comes and goes..... Please listen up..

Eric.. if this goes South AGAIN... it will be the last....

Polaris has had some problems with intermittent injectors.. they have authorized the dealers to change out injectors..

You can try this... but I do NOT think this is your problem...worth a shot though...

OR.. you can do what we did to fix our problems...

Polaris???? Are you listening???

1) Blow out the spark plug cap with air and make sure that they are on tight to the coil wire.. and to the top of your plug... There is resistive build up in the gap and the spark energy is getting redirected to this resistive build up and causing a mis-fire..

2) Re-gap the plugs to .018".

3) Make sure your cap is not loose!!

Try this.. and see if your problems disappear...

IT COSTS NOTHING TO TRY!!!

This is NOT a deto problem or a limp mode problem.. the ECU will store all fault codes.. Ours had none and neither have many others...

NOT all sleds are plagued with this issue.. but MANY are!!!

Kelsey

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Kelsey, Thank you for posting your findings..mine runs fine..but it is nice to know what to look for if an issue pops up...Kudo's to you for providing the info here...

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Kelsey thanks for sharing the information...I have been having an issue and will try your solution. Appreciate the help. I will let you know how it works for me.:face-icon-small-hap

D
Dec 7, 2010
Thanks! I will definately try this as I have 600 miles 0n my sled and have had this hesitation/bog problem from day 1. Sled was at dealer for 4 days and run every diagnostic test possible and could not find anything wrong.Absolutely love the sled< but have to get this problem corrected!

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
this is a great post for all those who thought the previous posts were removed because they thought kelsey found a way to make $ off people

MD1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Lino Lakes, MN
68 miles

Put on 68 miles today on trail and ditch to get some break in done b4 Togwotee next month. A dozen or so times when I would go to hammer it it was like I hit the kill switch. Let off, hit it again and it would take right off.

Is this the symptom everyone is describing?

2mileshigh

Nov 26, 2007
If your sled is experiencing issues (cutting out like it is shutting on and off) when you pin and hold the throttle.. Or if when WOT, your sled has a quick hesitation that comes and goes..... Please listen up..

Eric.. if this goes South AGAIN... it will be the last....

Polaris has had some problems with intermittent injectors.. they have authorized the dealers to change out injectors..

You can try this... but I do NOT think this is your problem...worth a shot though...

OR.. you can do what we did to fix our problems...

Polaris???? Are you listening???

1) Blow out the spark plug cap with air and make sure that they are on tight to the coil wire.. and to the top of your plug... There is resistive build up in the gap and the spark energy is getting redirected to this resistive build up and causing a mis-fire..

2) Re-gap the plugs to .018".

3) Make sure your cap is not loose!!

Try this.. and see if your problems disappear...

IT COSTS NOTHING TO TRY!!!

This is NOT a deto problem or a limp mode problem.. the ECU will store all fault codes.. Ours had none and neither have many others...

NOT all sleds are plagued with this issue.. but MANY are!!!

Kelsey

I noticed on mine that the plug wire was rubbing on exh valve bolt. went to re -route it and plug wire poped out of boot. I barely touched it. Looks like it has a spike in boot that you screw into, mine was obviously not. Just something else to check. Thanks RKT.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
re-gapping plugs?

So I will be the dumba$$ who asks the question. How do you re-gap the spark plugs? My sled is at the dealer right now and they are stumped. Thanks for the info Kelsey, you probably helped out a lot of people.

R
Oct 8, 2008
Kelsey thanks for the info it is very helpful. I have not ridden my Switchback Assualt but now I know what it may be if it happens to my sled.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
So I will be the dumba$$ who asks the question. How do you re-gap the spark plugs? My sled is at the dealer right now and they are stumped. Thanks for the info Kelsey, you probably helped out a lot of people.

Feeler gage from any automotive store, they're cheap...

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
this is a great post for all those who thought the previous posts were removed because they thought kelsey found a way to make $ off people

WHAT??? You mean there is nothing "Fishy" going on??

No worries.. I have it set up so that Everybody that reads this post automatically gets $50 deducted from their checking account and deposited in mine.. :face-icon-small-win:mad2::face-icon-small-dis...

I also suspect that the coil, regulator, or stator is faulty.. but not real sure yet until we get out problem back.. FULL TIME.. As it sits now.. We can not get ours to screw up again where as before it was constant (for 2 FULL rides).. So, until our issue returns, full time, we can only go by what we have altered to resolve the problem...

In any case, as usual the customer gets to do all the testing for Polaris...
We have found a few more issues that we are working on resolving.. Nothing major.. but warrants attention nonetheless...

Please keep me posted on the results of trying our "work-around" once we get some more feedback we can look harder at the real solution..

Kelsey

A
Dec 1, 2007
Wisconsin
In any case, as usual the customer gets to do all the testing for Polaris...

The majority of Pro RMK owners are having a blast testing for Polaris. Hell, even Cat and Doo riders who'll be testing for Polaris next year are having fun.:face-icon-small-ton

Last edited:
Premium Features