• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

switching to polaris from ski doo

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
Hello,

I have been a long time ski doo guy and finally fed up with their problems. Looking to switch to the Polaris LOGO. Here is my situation and advice would be great.

Own two ski doo currently, 98' MXZ 670 and 06' REV 800. I plan on selling the 98' and getting minimal cash for it. I will then switch my REV back to a 136"X1.75" track.

I want to either snow check a new 2011 800 polaris RMK or Assualt 144". Reason why I like the snow check is the 4 year warrany and 0% finaincing for a year. My 06' has close to 4 Grand on it and I need something that will not break down period! Or would it be better to find a low mileage (600 or less) 2010 dragon 800?

what do you guys think? Snow check, find a used 2010 or wait until after the first of the year to barter with the dealer on a 2011?

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id
I would snowcheck so that you can get the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty, and then also Polaris will give you $1000 trade credit if you want to upgrade to a 2012 next year.
I think that is for sure the way to go.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I'm jumping, too, 15 years with at least one doo in the barn, got four now. Unfortunately, I know too much about the doos, modded the last two, and what has to be done to make them right/better, and the motors and primaries are still timebombs. Not saying the 800 CFI isn't/wouldn't be, but the 4 year warranty has got me tipping, I got backup sleds, and need something different - bored. I don't plan to mod the sled for at least a year or two, looking for a couple of years of low-time investment on a sled. Good luck - given the 08-10 CFI's rap, and I ride with a bunch that have ALL had issues, get the 4 year. But I do love the RMK chassis, fits me better than the XP, and simple, more reliable clutching.

J
Mar 19, 2008
I think you should stick with Ski-doo. LOL. Everyone i know is switching to poo next year. Not going to be any fun without any competition.

P
Mar 6, 2008
Humboldt, SK
You guys do know that it isn't really 4 year bumper to bumper right...? It's 1 year OEM warranty, and 3 years polaris star warranty. That means after the first year of regular bumper to bumper, you have a deductible to pay...and they only cover certain things. You have to fight for **** to be covered under warranty for the remaining 3 years. Not worth it in my opinion. If you take option 2 and get 2 years bumper to bumper, you can screw the $1200 in accesories and polaris will knock $800 off the price tag. Options Options Options... this all came straight from my dealer.

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
did not know that. The pricing between both ski doo and polaris is between a hundred dollars. Ski doo you get a extended 2yr engine coverage, no questions asked, plus its an etec (most efficient out there). No I am kinda undecided.

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
Snowcheck Select 2011

0% Interest for 12 months*

AND

4 Year Limited Transferable Warranty

OR

2 Year Powertrain Warranty and $700 Pure Gear

Qualifying Models: 2011 full size Polaris Snowmobiles

It was described to me by Carls Cycle that the 2 yr, the first year is a B to B and the next year is just the engine. The 4 year is a B to B with no limit on the miles.

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
yes but read above, only the first year is manufacturer warranty after that it is up for debate.

Hopefully, know has to ever bring in the 2011 800's though, apparently this is why they are doing the 4 yr warranty because polaris is so confident in this new 800.

Dealer told me the only thing similar between the 10' 800's and 11' 800's is the crank shaft.

still a little weary about dropping 11,000 grand for something I have no idea about (ski doo and polaris alike, both brand new motors).

A
Nov 27, 2007
Peters Creek, AK
Im also thinking about switching

I have owned a few xp sleds and now i think its time for a polaris. I have a couple questions that hopefully someone might be able to answer. My skidoo came with anti ratchet drivers that worked great. Does polaris have that? Do they work good? My skidoo running boards sagged out quick. How about polaris?? Hows is the clutching on the polaris sleds? Pretty reliable? Primary and secondary pretty tough? I dont think you can get any worse than a skidoo but i figured i would ask. Anyways thanks for any suggestions..

Premium Features