• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro popping at high throttle

B
Dec 15, 2007
My 08 Nyto is popping when going past mid throttle into high throttle. Air/fuel at idle is about 13.5 and climbs to about 14.7 at mid and then is pegged out at 18 or higher at high throttle. Boost will only go to 11psi and RPM only to 6500. I can get a little more RPM if I ease into throttle but then only 7100.
Any ideas? TPS and if so could someone walk me through the diagnostic screen.
I will be checking for vacuum leaks but this problem only started recently.
Could it be plugs? I am running a Boondocker box.
Thanks
Steve

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
Your boots have probably come off at the motor.

This allows you to build a little boost before everything lets loose and messes up your ratios. I have had it happen several times.

If it is not right at the motor it is somewhere. You are describing the symptoms of a classic boost leak.

#2 Possibility is that you Boondocker box plug in's have got a bad connection. I have also had this happen with almost the same results. It usaully starts to run bad around 5500-6000 rpm if this is the case. If this is the case it is not adding fuel as you begin to build boost.

#3 Plugs are very important but it has been my experience that when the plugs need changing it only runs bad on the top of the top end.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Premium Features