• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Flash for Dragons

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I have heard their is a new flash out from polaris. Is this true? I have an 08 dragon 800 and I have the 2010 updated head and pistons and flash. I am planning on putting a bd turbo on this summer. Is the 2010 flash working okay? I have heard that some went back to the 08 flash? What flash should I use and what does it cost to have my ecu re-flashed? Thanks

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have basically the same sled and have all the updates done. I have the Jan 11th 2010 flash in mine. If you dont have that one...get it. Mine runs VERY well with that flash on 3 gal race gas and the rest 91 octane pump gas at 9-11 psi boost.(riding at 5k to 9k feet elevation) I have a turbo on it as well (but not boondocker) and i wouldn't change a thing. Best thing you can do is get your turbo tuned properly by someone who knows what they are doing, then get it chutched right, and let er rip :) I would not use the '08 flash. There is a reason why they upated it. There is usually no cost for this, but check with your dealer first.

Once you have experienced "boost" you wont go back :)

Hope this helps....cheers!

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I have basically the same sled and have all the updates done. I have the Jan 11th 2010 flash in mine. If you dont have that one...get it. Mine runs VERY well with that flash on 3 gal race gas and the rest 91 octane pump gas at 9-11 psi boost.(riding at 5k to 9k feet elevation) I have a turbo on it as well (but not boondocker) and i wouldn't change a thing. Best thing you can do is get your turbo tuned properly by someone who knows what they are doing, then get it chutched right, and let er rip :) I would not use the '08 flash. There is a reason why they upated it. There is usually no cost for this, but check with your dealer first.

Once you have experienced "boost" you wont go back :)

Hope this helps....cheers!

I have experienced "boost" and that it why I can't get turbo off my mind. I have the same flash jan/10' and updated pistons and head. Sweet, I am glad yours works good. What do you mean by "chutched"? Are you running the stock track and rear suspension? Any problems with not being able to keep the front down? Thanks for your info.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
the 2010 update flash you have now works good with the BD turbos I helped setup around 6000-9000ft. If you have troubles feel free to pm or call me I can help you tune it in.

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
I have an 08 dragon with the 2010 BD kit and I went back to the 09 map it runs much better I had starting problems with the '10 map hears a link to starting problems http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186360

You will have a problem keeping the front end down with higher boost #'s with a stock suspension.
Have fun with your turbo sled!!:smokin:

What do you have for suspension, and how much boost you running? Thanks

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
I am running a holz(old version) right now but I am switching to a timber skid to keep the front end down more and to get more traction. I am also ditching the stock rails and getting flat ones with the t-skid again to keep the front down and more traction.
Boost #'s are between 10 and 12 pounds at between 7 and 10k.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I have experienced "boost" and that it why I can't get turbo off my mind. I have the same flash jan/10' and updated pistons and head. Sweet, I am glad yours works good. What do you mean by "chutched"? Are you running the stock track and rear suspension? Any problems with not being able to keep the front down? Thanks for your info.

Puts a smile on your face like no other...thats for sure! I happen to have an Aerocharger turbo kit on mine....love it! But there are other kits that rip too :)

By clutched, i mean that turbos need to be clutched differently than stock sleds. By their "nature" they are a bit soft on the bottom end, but if clutched for that, you will notice a dramatic improvement in that area. I ended up using Carl's "turbo clutching" on mine b/c they are local (Boise Idaho), but i would not be afraid to use Silber's clutching if you are nearer to them, as i have heard nothing but good about their company.

I run the stock track and a HOLZ suspension front and rear. Fox Floats on both ends too. I have not ridden a boosted sled on the stock suspension, so dont have a definitive answer on that. I suspect that the Holz suspension is an improvement over stock, but maybe someone else can chime in on that one if they have had any experience on that....?

As far as keeping the front end down, that can be helped with a properly adjusted rear suspension, as well as good throttle control :) You definitely have to ride a boosted sled differently than a stocker, but once you learn that....WAAHOOO!!

Premium Features