• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD or Silber???

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Has anyone mentioned the fact that TSS are rocking their turbos on the proclimbs?? They seem to never come up in any conversations about a proclimb and turbo. I will be running a setup from them at some point this year. They have an amazing kit. They use the boost it fuel system, which in my mind is second to none out of what's out there now to fuel your boost. They set it up for running on avgas, which really, with the fluctuation of gas prices it's not that much more expensive to run then pump gas. Maybe 8$ more a tank if that. Seen them at yamafest in revy and they were just haulin a$$. Dave and the micku's have been building sleds now for 30 years. Plus, like myself, it would benefit you living in Edmonton to have one seeing as neil, creator of boost it, lives in ponoka and TSS is out of salmon arm bc. I've spoke with Dave and brandon on countless occasions and I've never had an issue getting a hold of them either by phone or email. Here's a promo video of their proclimb kit....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9C1nJUAwhE

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Yeah I know them fellas and ride with them on occasion lol. They've got a beauty turbo setup for the Pro climbs!

D
Has anyone mentioned the fact that TSS are rocking their turbos on the proclimbs?? They seem to never come up in any conversations about a proclimb and turbo. I will be running a setup from them at some point this year. They have an amazing kit. They use the boost it fuel system, which in my mind is second to none out of what's out there now to fuel your boost. They set it up for running on avgas, which really, with the fluctuation of gas prices it's not that much more expensive to run then pump gas. Maybe 8$ more a tank if that. Seen them at yamafest in revy and they were just haulin a$$. Dave and the micku's have been building sleds now for 30 years. Plus, like myself, it would benefit you living in Edmonton to have one seeing as neil, creator of boost it, lives in ponoka and TSS is out of salmon arm bc. I've spoke with Dave and brandon on countless occasions and I've never had an issue getting a hold of them either by phone or email. Here's a promo video of their proclimb kit....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9C1nJUAwhE

Av gas is definitely doable... Since a big driver of this thread is price, what is the rough cost these other kits? Twisted, cutler, TSS, and how about the boost it fuel system?? Dealers of each in Alberta/BC??

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
Av gas is definitely doable... Since a big driver of this thread is price, what is the rough cost these other kits? Twisted, cutler, TSS, and how about the boost it fuel system?? Dealers of each in Alberta/BC??

Was quoted from Shane stainger from twisted that his mon intercooled kit rings in at 5000$. Adjustable boost levels from 6-20psi on a 2876 turbo. Heard that his kit isn't running the best tho compared to others. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Cutlers kit has 3 stages. Stage one- pump gas, no intercooler, 200hp, 4500$ stage 2, non intercooler, aux inj, bov, etc etc 5400$ stage 3 is their all out race gas kit, intercooled, 6000$ ish.

TSS kit uses the boost it fuel controller, which neil has updated this year for the turbo etecs and cats. It's strictly an av gas kit. Non intercooled, justin has his dialed in at 14lbs boost, I believe it was, at around 260hp. This kit includes everything minus clutching, for 5500. They use a team secondary with shockwave helix and that setup will run u about 600$ with weights. Boost it box is a set it and forget it, pull and go setup. TSS also uses the tunnel dump outlet.

I dislike boondocker. Getting them on the phone is like trying to contact life on mars

If I were you, I would choose between cutler or TSS. Dale at cutler is top notch and really knows his sh1t. Likewise with the boys at TSS.

Neil owns the boost it box. He has a shop out of ponoka and does installs on Polaris and Yamaha. He built his own turbo for the Polaris and is absolutely insane. He focuses all his time on those two brands. TSS has an agreement with neil at boost it that they get to use his boost it kit and they take care of the brp and arctic cat turbos. They ride in revy every weekend. They've tuned their kits to ride where we ride. I'd seriously consider the TSS kit if I were you. Give them a call and inquire about it. Hope this helps!

J

jonny ringo

Nov 29, 2007
Iowa, Wyoming, Montana
Skeptical

4000 miles? I talked to him in January and he was gonna get rid of his proclimb and said it was a POS. Didn't even start on a turbo kit at that time. Makes me wonder!

I was getting close to pulling the trigger on a Silber kit, but I am skeptical. I remember being told pretty much exactly the same thing last year - that they were not going to put any more time into the AC Proclimb kits because they just didn't perform.
So did they figure something different out??
I know guys that have his kit on their Pro's and they work very well.

My second choice is CPC, the $1900 more (stageII) for a proven performer might be worth it. I can't say I have ever heard a complaint in the forums about CPC.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Do u know wat boost there running? And are they running on 91? I'd like to stick with pump fuel. And what about miles on the turbo. Are they holding up?

We all ride at 9000+ around here, so we can get away with pump gas... but nobody i ride with actually just runs pump, we all run at least 25% race or av gas. That little bit of av or race hakes a huge difference in what you get from the sled.

As far as holding up, The ones I know have been great. The install on the pro may be different, but most of these guys install them themselves & have very minimal issues, where the M guys I know that installed BD setups themselves seem to have more issues.. but that may just be because the install is simpler on the polaris... I can't speak to that.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
ok...i've decided to boost my 2012 proclimb M8 and have pretty much narrowed it down to either a silber or a BD kit. Im counting on the success silber has had with the poo to spill over to the cats. the biggest draw is the cost of silber at around 2500 cheaper than BD...their answer to why the cost is so reasonable..."we are not ripping you off". BDs biggest attributes include hundreds of satisfied customers and the electronic boost control. silber has the low cost, no cutting a hole in your tunnel, and reviews from poo owners that they work great. what are your thoughts?

I would go with the sibler kit. His kits are getting really refined and are vary innovative. They get the job done and he doesn’t waste money on unneeded bells and whistles, he does not have the overhead that boondocker has so the price point is good. I am really looking forward to trying out a few of his turbos this year, I am getting sick of Garretts huge price markup, I am sure a 2860rs is not costing them much more than 250.00 to build overseas. I have been building 2-stroke turbo kits for myself for over 10 years now and I like what justin is doing

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I would go with the sibler kit. His kits are getting really refined and are vary innovative. They get the job done and he doesn’t waste money on unneeded bells and whistles, he does not have the overhead that boondocker has so the price point is good. I am really looking forward to trying out a few of his turbos this year, I am getting sick of Garretts huge price markup, I am sure a 2860rs is not costing them much more than 250.00 to build overseas. I have been building 2-stroke turbo kits for myself for over 10 years now and I like what justin is doing

Good to hear that from someone like you that actually knows what's up.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Some of the first kits I saw where twisted and BD kits, looked like the twisted ones ran great, and seemed a lot snappier than bd kits. Only problem I heard is they couldn't keep a belt on one I should say either really but supposedly thats fixed. For what you want you don't need a IC and I think the twisted kit is around 4500.

Big difference is one is simple, ie less is more and the bd kit is complex, you need to know it before you run it.

Don't forget OVS, my choices are Twisted, cutler and ovs, I like the less is more and it works. I just don't know about the sibler kits but his also is a less is more type kit from what I see. But the twisted and OVS run turbos I like more. In fact I would piece together my own kit at this point but thats another game.
I also have contacts that are more than willing to pay for that garret turbo, so I question it but I haven't heard of to many turbo related problems

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
im lookin for a pump gas kit that is "pull the cord and go".... as much as a turbo set up goes... that being said im not afraid to tune. im located in edmonton alberta. there seems to be so many options out there. BD seems to me like the most reliable quality built kit for what im looking for in a pump gas set up... but still, 2500 is alot more money. but the word guinea pig really doesnt sit well with me. and i have ALOT of potential BD support... but that still doesnt get my 2500 back....or will it??? whats the best price for a pump gas kit for a proclimb?? I was quoted nearly 6k. without koso.

remember, you ALWAYS get what you pay for, ALWAYS. the 2500$ more on BD is easily reach with a ball bearing turbo(vs a journal bearing chinease turbo), ebc, fuel controller etc.

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
Was quoted from Shane stainger from twisted that his mon intercooled kit rings in at 5000$. Adjustable boost levels from 6-20psi on a 2876 turbo. Heard that his kit isn't running the best tho compared to others. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Cutlers kit has 3 stages. Stage one- pump gas, no intercooler, 200hp, 4500$ stage 2, non intercooler, aux inj, bov, etc etc 5400$ stage 3 is their all out race gas kit, intercooled, 6000$ ish.

TSS kit uses the boost it fuel controller, which neil has updated this year for the turbo etecs and cats. It's strictly an av gas kit. Non intercooled, justin has his dialed in at 14lbs boost, I believe it was, at around 260hp. This kit includes everything minus clutching, for 5500. They use a team secondary with shockwave helix and that setup will run u about 600$ with weights. Boost it box is a set it and forget it, pull and go setup. TSS also uses the tunnel dump outlet.

I dislike boondocker. Getting them on the phone is like trying to contact life on mars

If I were you, I would choose between cutler or TSS. Dale at cutler is top notch and really knows his sh1t. Likewise with the boys at TSS.

Neil owns the boost it box. He has a shop out of ponoka and does installs on Polaris and Yamaha. He built his own turbo for the Polaris and is absolutely insane. He focuses all his time on those two brands. TSS has an agreement with neil at boost it that they get to use his boost it kit and they take care of the brp and arctic cat turbos. They ride in revy every weekend. They've tuned their kits to ride where we ride. I'd seriously consider the TSS kit if I were you. Give them a call and inquire about it. Hope this helps!

Neils is also installing the Boost it box on cat. Mine is there right now getting done.

D
cutler?

perfect... alot of good info flowing, thanks!! the kits that seems to have avoided the bashing are Cutler and TSS... TSS seems slightly out of my price range... although i havnt contacted him directly to confirm a price. the cutler at 4500 for a pump gas stg 1 seems like a very decent option. I like that Cutler only works on cat, and they have had a few years with that motor to fine tune the fuel controller. any other thoughts on this kit or any others??

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
push???
they still make kits?

i had a boondocker kit on my '10m8, it was a very good kit, i love tunnel dump because of the limited noise it makes. electronics were awesome,ebc was awesome, i had no problem with the kit...

if i were to get another 2 stroke turbo done, i would be talking to neil...

his boost it system is the way to go...
tested and perfected!!!!!
put it on any kit...
i would probably get the tss kit with boosted....

just my opinion.....

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
Simple fact that the tunnel dump is a nice gimmick. I live and ride BC snow and I have purposely tried and tried and tried to make my CPC TM8 bog in deep snow and I've never had it happen. If it makes a guy feel better to say that they have a tunnel dump and got to hack into their sled to install it, then giver. I've never been able to prove its better than the stock exhaust exit. Good sales pitch though and guys eat it up. Makes me laugh lol.

The biggest benefit of the tunnel dump is that you can have a very small, lightweight, can yet still make far less noise on the hill than side exit cans. My OVS "quiet can" is much louder than my BD tunnel dump, yet weighs about twice as much (no disrespect to Garr - I love his kit.) Cutting a small hole in the tunnel was a non-issue for me. I cut up the running boards to install plastic inserts, and that didn't scare me either.

To all the quiet exhaust haters, your loud pipes make you look almost as cool as the guy in the Tap-Out t-shirt with stacks on his truck.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
To all the quiet exhaust haters, your loud pipes make you look almost as cool as the guy in the Tap-Out t-shirt with stacks on his truck.[/QUOTE]

This is the coolest statement I have read on Snowest all season.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
This is the coolest statement I have read on Snowest all season.

No comment about these turbo kits from Silber himself?[/QUOTE]

We have alot of time testing, and developing this system, we will post more pictures and videos soon. Finishing up some final testing on our new programmer and clutching.

I didnt want to interfere with this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features