• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD or Silber???

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
ok...i've decided to boost my 2012 proclimb M8 and have pretty much narrowed it down to either a silber or a BD kit. Im counting on the success silber has had with the poo to spill over to the cats. the biggest draw is the cost of silber at around 2500 cheaper than BD...their answer to why the cost is so reasonable..."we are not ripping you off". BDs biggest attributes include hundreds of satisfied customers and the electronic boost control. silber has the low cost, no cutting a hole in your tunnel, and reviews from poo owners that they work great. what are your thoughts?

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--BD components include Garrett, Tial, real ball bearings, great electronics, upgrades, etc.

--You really do get what you pay for

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'd rather have a silber setup, but I'd like to see a few people have them on the snow first before I'd guinea pig it... that said though, it's a nice basic system, not much reason it should be too difficult.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Again, its about your knowledge, or your dealer. If you haven't owned one a BD kit is an almost must to have a excellent dealer to start with or a pretty darn good education on tuning, even though its got easier its still and art, not like the cutler or twisted kits, (no clue on the sibler)
Where are you located.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I wouldn't get either

go twisted, Cutler, Ovs, push, boonie, silber in that order or close to it in my opinion. opinions are like a holes everybody's got one

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
I am very interested in the silber kit because of how close I live to him it will be my first turbo sled but not my first mod sled. I talk to him a couple weeks ago said they put about 4000 miles on the pc kit last year. I would love to see some vid of this baby in action as well as others would!!!!

Post some vid of that baby Silber :bounce:

D
decisions

im lookin for a pump gas kit that is "pull the cord and go".... as much as a turbo set up goes... that being said im not afraid to tune. im located in edmonton alberta. there seems to be so many options out there. BD seems to me like the most reliable quality built kit for what im looking for in a pump gas set up... but still, 2500 is alot more money. but the word guinea pig really doesnt sit well with me. and i have ALOT of potential BD support... but that still doesnt get my 2500 back....or will it??? whats the best price for a pump gas kit for a proclimb?? I was quoted nearly 6k. without koso.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
i went with a stage 2 cutler kit and i love it. fit and finish was amazing, stock tuning numbers were pretty close, the clutching that came with the kit worked very well (far less clutch heat and didnt blow a single belt in 850km last year), customer service is awesome and his install instructions are very detailed. Dale will also build you a custom kit exact to your needs, just give him a call. if you want more info i would call Kerry at White Knuckle Motorsports in Lloyd, thats where i got my kit from and kerry knows his turbos. 780-870-7004

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
Cutting a hole in your tunnel is a good thing. Tunnel dump is actually my favorite part of BD's kit, and not being able to add it is the only thing that would keep me away from a CPC kit. In my experience, the tial external wastegate is the business. My current sled has one, and my next sled will too. As for brands, I'm not picky. Shane (twisted) and Garr (OVS) answer their phones. Dale (CPC) will get back to you shortly with very good information. The very nice receptionist at Boondocker will kindly inform you she'd be glad to take a message for someone who knows what they're talking about.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I am very interested in the silber kit because of how close I live to him it will be my first turbo sled but not my first mod sled. I talk to him a couple weeks ago said they put about 4000 miles on the pc kit last year. I would love to see some vid of this baby in action as well as others would!!!!

Post some vid of that baby Silber :bounce:

4000 miles? I talked to him in January and he was gonna get rid of his proclimb and said it was a POS. Didn't even start on a turbo kit at that time. Makes me wonder!

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Simple fact that the tunnel dump is a nice gimmick. I live and ride BC snow and I have purposely tried and tried and tried to make my CPC TM8 bog in deep snow and I've never had it happen. If it makes a guy feel better to say that they have a tunnel dump and got to hack into their sled to install it, then giver. I've never been able to prove its better than the stock exhaust exit. Good sales pitch though and guys eat it up. Makes me laugh lol.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Twisted, Cutler, ovs have been making turbo's for suzuki's motors

for years. Silber just designed their kit this last year 2011 winter.
Boonie's support is crap, Cutler and Twisted are always their for your support first hand for me gave me lots of technical support over the phone, never tried to blow me off, Technical Support from boonie was like pulling teeth, they acted like tech support was like giving away nuclear secrets

Last edited:
D
Nov 6, 2012
So has has anyone had a silber PG on there Polaris? Any bad to say? Good to say? I have a 2010 m8 and also am very interested in the silber kit.

D
Nov 6, 2012
Do u know wat boost there running? And are they running on 91? I'd like to stick with pump fuel. And what about miles on the turbo. Are they holding up?

D
4000 miles? I talked to him in January and he was gonna get rid of his proclimb and said it was a POS. Didn't even start on a turbo kit at that time. Makes me wonder!

did he say the sled in general was crap, or that he wasnt having luck with his turbo at the time?

Besides the fact that it is year #1 for silber in the AC proclimb, is there any other cons to the set up? i would guess it is the same components that have been running very well in the poo.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Do u know wat boost there running? And are they running on 91? I'd like to stick with pump fuel. And what about miles on the turbo. Are they holding up?

A properly set up turbo will add miles to your motor, but not on pump gas. Got a airport near by?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features