• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD or Silber???

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
No comment about these turbo kits from Silber himself?

We have alot of time testing, and developing this system, we will post more pictures and videos soon. Finishing up some final testing on our new programmer and clutching.

I didnt want to interfere with this post.[/QUOTE]

So whats your take on the proclimb and m kit?

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
what's up big twin u thank me for my post and give me negative thumbs down

that's like kissing me and then kicking me in the nutz!!! WTF

K

Kyle91rs

Jan 23, 2011
Fort mcmurray Alberta
In my opinion, the old saying holds true, as mentioned, you get what you pay for. With that being said, that push kit sounds nice. But in reality, I wouldn't be the one risking a sledding season in HOPES that it worked as advertised. That vipec box controls everything, every last function your sled has, from handwarmers to injectors. There's an awful lot riding on that vipec box performing at 100%. It sounds too good to be true in my opinion. They keep defending their product, which is fine, so would I, but you can tell me that you've had 1000000000000 hours on snow testing if you want, doesn't change anything. It's the real world, us riders, that I want feedback from, not guys making a sales push. There's only one video I know of with that new proclimb push kit. Doesn't do it enough justice for me to want to dump that kind of money down on it.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or their product, but I would want to go with something, being your first turbo, that's been tested and proven by real riders.

Silber. I hope your kit performs as well as the rmks kit. I'm running with 2 guys in my group who have silber rmk's and they seem to work real nice. I just don't like the idea of using a dobeck box. No offense. What kind of hp do u forsee your kit running??? What are the specs?

Back to topic.
I don't think u could go wrong with a cpc kit. 200 hp on a stage 1 kit at elevation will still be fun to ride if that's your budget. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger on it cuz it's only 200hp. You gotta think, you're only running about 130-140 hp at elevation, depending on where you ride, could be more or less, that's a fair hp jump. Anyone would still be able to have fun with 200hp up top.

If it were remotely possible, I would push for the stage 2 kit as it is a more advanced kit and more options for what kind of hp u want. Plus, later down the road if u want to upgrade from a stage 1 it's gonna be costly.

I've spoken to stainger myself, and he quoted me 5000$ for his kit. I've also heard that his kit isn't performing like it should. Apparently at 15lbs boost on a 174 3" track he's having trouble keeping up with guys running 8 lbs. could be just rumours, you know how the Internet works.....

Anyways, I am sure whatever it is you decide on you will have a pile of fun with it.!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
remember, you ALWAYS get what you pay for, ALWAYS. the 2500$ more on BD is easily reach with a ball bearing turbo(vs a journal bearing chinease turbo), ebc, fuel controller etc.

You usually post good info... but this is the biggest crock of crap I've ever seen posted.

You ALWAYS get what you pay for... total BS.

I, and tons of others have proved many times over that that statement is wrong, PERIOD.

Wasting money for the sake of wasting money is one of the stupidest things out there.

I'm not saying that one turbo isn't better than the other, but your lead in to this post is just wrong, plain & simple.

Btw, to your point, show me the failures from the other turbo & THEN maybe I'll believe you on that point.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You get what you pay for???? Put a BD turbo and of them against a twisted, cutler, ovs, push, sibler and in reality you can make anyone of them do the same freakin thing.
Some might last longer but with BD you are adding a pile of electronics that no one else seems to need. So yes you are getting more but in a few years??? less is still more IMO. plus I still think the guys running the bigger turbos are going to see far more life out of everything because of the lower charge temps. But that only if a guy knows how to tune. I have also seen pos bd kits last as long as any of the others so to me it 100%,,,, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING or do you have a good dealer. Those that do, theres are still running, those that don't pay a lot of money.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
You usually post good info... but this is the biggest crock of crap I've ever seen posted.

You ALWAYS get what you pay for... total BS.

I, and tons of others have proved many times over that that statement is wrong, PERIOD.

Wasting money for the sake of wasting money is one of the stupidest things out there.

I'm not saying that one turbo isn't better than the other, but your lead in to this post is just wrong, plain & simple.

Btw, to your point, show me the failures from the other turbo & THEN maybe I'll believe you on that point.

you are refering only on FAILURE,where for me drivability is priority number one. i have ran BD Pros and silber pro at altitude( 10 000ft) and BD was much better throttle response,power and most importantly driveable. Again, i have to be honest, the guy in cooke city with the silber sled told us it had a bad dobeck box ( he thought). I am in the retail industry for so long and there is nothing "usualy" more true then "you always get what you pay for". there is some exceptions of course, but in the turbo manufacturing(garett,precision,hks etc.. vs chinease) market, it is true believe me. some chinease turbo aren't bad, in general, they will have a higher failure rate. for me, it is out of question to use a journal bearing turbo when i can get a ball bearing turbo, plan and simple.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
In my opinion, the old saying holds true, as mentioned, you get what you pay for.
we both are on the same page here.
With that being said, that push kit sounds nice. But in reality, I wouldn't be the one risking a sledding season in HOPES that it worked as advertised.
For the Xxx time, there is no rocket science in puting a turbo kit together,some uses better materials then others, but at the end, it all comes back to the precision in wich you control you air/fuel mixture,charging temp, spark ignition(also called timing),injection timing,dwell time of the capacitors,and most of all compensations( altitude,air intake temps,pipe temp etc..) , plus you need to have good failsafe programing in case something go wrong.
That vipec box controls everything, every last function your sled has, from handwarmers to injectors.
yep.
There's an awful lot riding on that vipec box performing at 100%. It sounds too good to be true in my opinion.
it is only as good as the programing in the computer and that is where we are focusing with our dealers right now, taking them to the next level. If your programing is top notch,then your sled will perform 100%......but if your exhaust seal(donut) is leaking, if your spark plug are done,if your charge tube is loose, if your magneto is going bad, if your reeds are chipping off etc...then your sled won't perform as good, right? the ECU is not a Miracle and will not cure hardware problems(and god knows how many are showing up!), but it is stabilizing all parameters in the E.F.I. equation if programmed right.
They keep defending their product, which is fine, so would I, but you can tell me that you've had 1000000000000 hours on snow testing if you want, doesn't change anything.
We are far from 1000000000000 hours !! but can honestly say we have more than 2000 hours easy on the ECU(with turbo kit and N/A )
It's the real world, us riders, that I want feedback from, not guys making a sales push
there is some available already on here, just check a bit.....more to come this year since we have already pushed out the door 250 ECU already and it is mid november.
There's only one video I know of with that new proclimb push kit. Doesn't do it enough justice for me to want to dump that kind of money down on it.
check in the polaris turbo section tomorrow, some russian(realbass) guy are already riding the push (tbbt ) kit, they wrote to me yesterday :) , check tomorrow(or tonight) into that section for actual riders feedback.

as for the arctic cat push turbo kit (tbbt), we have one in the shop right now and it is working absolutely as good as his polaris kit, craftmanship on this kit is phenomenal.(him and hm turbo being the best craftmanship in the industry from what i have seen so far....)

I'm not trying to bash anyone or their product, but I would want to go with something, being your first turbo, that's been tested and proven by real riders.
i have to consider myself, ken hunter(push turbo),shane hart and levi(hm turbos),Jake stewart(mildtowild),cody philips(cody philips racing),bryce kendrick and josh(turbo performance) and the more than 300 ECU buyers so far , real riders .

just wanted to reply to your comments and not to hi-jack so let'go ....

:focus::focus:

Last edited:
S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
In my opinion, the old saying holds true, as mentioned, you get what you pay for.
With that being said, that push kit sounds nice. But in reality, I wouldn't be the one risking a sledding season in HOPES that it worked as advertised.
For the Xxx time, there is no rocket science in puting a turbo kit together,some uses better materials then others, but at the end, it all comes back to the precision in wich you control you air/fuel mixture,charging temp, spark ignition(also called timing),injection timing,dwell time of the capacitors,and most of all compensations( altitude,air intake temps,pipe temp etc..) , plus you need to have good failsafe programing in case something go wrong.
That vipec box controls everything, every last function your sled has, from handwarmers to injectors.
yep.
There's an awful lot riding on that vipec box performing at 100%. It sounds too good to be true in my opinion.
it is only as good as the programing in the computer and that is where we are focusing with our dealers right now, taking them to the next level. If your programing is top notch,then your sled will perform 100%......but if your exhaust seal(donut) is leaking, if your spark plug are done,if your charge tube is loose, if your magneto is going bad, if your reeds are chipping off etc...then your sled won't perform as good, right? the ECU is not a Miracle and will not cure hardware problems(and god knows how many are showing up!), but it is stabilizing all parameters in the E.F.I. equation if programmed right.
They keep defending their product, which is fine, so would I, but you can tell me that you've had 1000000000000 hours on snow testing if you want, doesn't change anything.
We are far from 1000000000000 hours !! but can honestly say we have more than 2000 hours easy on the ECU(with turbo kit and N/A )
It's the real world, us riders, that I want feedback from, not guys making a sales push
there is some available already on here, just check a bit.....more to come this year since we have already pushed out the door 250 ECU already and it is mid november.
There's only one video I know of with that new proclimb push kit. Doesn't do it enough justice for me to want to dump that kind of money down on it.
check in the polaris turbo section tomorrow, some russian(realbass) guy are already riding the push (tbbt ) kit, they wrote to me yesterday :) , check tomorrow(or tonight) into that section for actual riders feedback.

as for the arctic cat push turbo kit (tbbt), we have one in the shop right now and it is working absolutely as good as his polaris kit, craftmanship on this kit is phenomenal.(him and hm turbo being the best craftmanship in the industry from what i have seen so far....)

i have to consider myself, ken hunter(push turbo),shane hart and levi(hm turbos),Jake stewart(mildtowild),cody philips(cody philips racing),bryce kendrick and josh(turbo performance) and the more than 300 ECU buyers so far , real riders .

I call this BS.

Sold over 300 ecu's and we have 1 guy on snowest that is talking about them and posted feedback and videos?

I will sit back and watch as Gino goes into BABY mode and starts pouting over this one.

Lets here it Gino.

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
Rode in Bigsky last year, with a couple 2012 silber pros and 2012 BD kits. Not saying anything bad about either kit, as everyone makes a good kit.

But the silber pros, at 2psi lower boost, out performed the BD kits and they had all the goodies.

Again not knocking BD or anyother kit. Just proving a point. I think you will see alot more people doing what Silber is doing.

I have been over to his shop and personally seen his turbos on and new turbos hes been working on, strapped to his brand new Diesel trucks. Honestly the guy never stops improving.

With the amount of gauges and sensors he had hooked up to thoses things, I would say he test his products more than anyone in this industry.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Twisted , ovs then bd in that order.

You dont want to start a pissing contest with junk peddlers..

suffice to say, the YUGO auto was a great deal for the money right ? so why on earth would ANY of you NOT have a fleet of YUGOS vs 1 single over priced american auto ??

When you sell your american overpriced auto and show up towing your knockoff kit with a Yugo I will support your opinion of the knock off det tripping towed in turbo kits.

Till then shut the **** up. Garrett is made overseas and passes 1000's of performance tests. over priced ? not even close. Kaizen auto is a huge import car turbo shop 500 feet from my doorstep. He has 31 videos of knockoff turbos not just exploding on the dyno but also not coming close on airflow and power. knock offs belong in the welfare section.

Like the 53 series being capable of performing like a 2871. NEVER.
66 series maybe almost equal to a 2863. not even close to a 76 comp.

Doing a cat for me soon,, NO question, TWISTED !!:jaw::jaw::jaw:

S

standup06

Dec 3, 2007
minnesota
Twisted , ovs then bd in that order.

You dont want to start a pissing contest with junk peddlers..

suffice to say, the YUGO auto was a great deal for the money right ? so why on earth would ANY of you NOT have a fleet of YUGOS vs 1 single over priced american auto ??

When you sell your american overpriced auto and show up towing your knockoff kit with a Yugo I will support your opinion of the knock off det tripping towed in turbo kits.

Till then shut the **** up. Garrett is made overseas and passes 1000's of performance tests. over priced ? not even close. Kaizen auto is a huge import car turbo shop 500 feet from my doorstep. He has 31 videos of knockoff turbos not just exploding on the dyno but also not coming close on airflow and power. knock offs belong in the welfare section.

Like the 53 series being capable of performing like a 2871. NEVER.
66 series maybe almost equal to a 2863. not even close to a 76 comp.

Doing a cat for me soon,, NO question, TWISTED !!:jaw::jaw::jaw:

Your a f***** retread dude. All you do is post positive things about people that wipe your a**. I was just stating a point that I and many people have witness.

Again you should shut *** **** **. I dont think we have ever seen any videos of your stuff running. Maybe some pictures of a bunch of garbage.

You too can go ahead and start pouting now Gus. Better go change your diaper first.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
yep.

I call total BS on this. Push is all full of promises and no delivery. They were selling kits with all sorts of claims last year before they even had one assembled, let alone working. The kits were very incomplete with no solutions to many install problems. The components were high quality, but the R&D was not complete and zero on snow testing was done to back up claims, just "push" the product out the door and then let the customer sort it out.

I just came back for a sled show where I was talking to the push booth about the problems it had all year, and they basically said that the setup they sold me last year was untuneable with the PCV that was included, and are now trying to sell a new wonder box that they promise will fix everything. To be honest the pitch sounded very familiar to last years. "Buy our stuff its great, dont worry that it hasn't been run on the snow yet, just trust me its all tuned perfect, you wont need to touch a thing.

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
I call this BS.

Sold over 300 ecu's and we have 1 guy on snowest that is talking about them and posted feedback and videos?

I will sit back and watch as Gino goes into BABY mode and starts pouting over this one.

Lets here it Gino.

reading your last posts, you call a lot of stuff BS....
sold 132 ecu last year mainly in the quebec province(50%) and the other 50% to our dealers.
this year, push turbo,hm turbos,cody philips racing, all my personal dealerships, ward brown's leisure and lightspeedinnovation already ordered 250 ECU. At haydyas, spoke personaly to 2 end customer with our ECU on and the were extremely happy....i sell to dealers mainly and don't hear much about end users.
do you realy think shane hart at hm turbos is suicidal enough to swicth all is kit to our ECU not knowing if it is working or not? this is the kinda things you should ask yourself before calling BS on everybody.
wonder who is the BABY here???

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Since this has turned into a pizzing match,

The Thread is Closed

If you can't figure out how to properly argue your views, I will start deleting your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features