• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipe SLP for axys

M
Nov 20, 2016
Hi guys , I just want your comments on a SLP complete pipe on a axys 2016 . I know the SLP pipe is almost a Polaris product but not sure about that ... i want a SLP cause I don't want more that 88 dbls of sound .Just want your advices on it . Thanks guys :face-icon-small-hap

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
They work very well. Good fit and finish, easy install. No fuel controller needed. You will need to change weights in the primary clutch because of the increase in power, usually 2 grams heavier then what a stock sled would run at your ridding elevation. Very close to stock sound at idle and mid-range, slightly louder at WOT. One of the quietest systems you can buy. Eric

M
Nov 20, 2016
They work very well. Good fit and finish, easy install. No fuel controller needed. You will need to change weights in the primary clutch because of the increase in power, usually 2 grams heavier then what a stock sled would run at your ridding elevation. Very close to stock sound at idle and mid-range, slightly louder at WOT. One of the quietest systems you can buy. Eric

Thanks !! Happy to ear that !!! It's ordered :)

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm incredibly impressed with the SLP pipe/can combo! Solid company in the sled world. They seem to be more of a Polaris performance company than the other makes. This combo really wakes up the Axys. I've ran my SLP pipe/can combo against stock Axys sleds and the 850 Doo. It really holds its own well. I had a cracked pipe and SLP was all over taking care of that for me. The sound is perfect. Not overly loud but a nice braap!

M
Nov 20, 2016
And I would like to know if it's a good idea to put an overflow air intake with my SLP pipe and can or it's not necessary ?? :face-icon-small-ton

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
And I would like to know if it's a good idea to put an overflow air intake with my SLP pipe and can or it's not necessary ?? :face-icon-small-ton

Good question. I can tell you the stock vents do get plugged with snow in deep powder. Almost seems worse then what the Pro's use to do.

I'm likely going to add intake vents this year. Also take a look at these

http://www.firenice.us/product/console-air-intake-set-black

Pretty sure you get a 4 piece set for about 10 bucks more. I can see the side and top ones working better then just the top only.

Anyone run either of these kits last year? Eric

M
Nov 20, 2016
This is what i thought about it .. but are the side air flow paddles make with just à frogzskin are there's à protection on it ? Cause i don't want it to be penetrate by branches or tree in tree riding (most of the time i'm tree riding) . So i had thought about the SlP overflow air intake (14-327)(just the ones on top not the outside ones. Thanks :spider:

Last edited:

rbk444

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Had this set up my Axys,,works great,,gone to turbo,,so selling pipe,,silencer,and slp head,,if interested,,email me @rbk444.hotmail.com

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Another great thing about SLP, their service is second to none. I had a couple problems last year and they took care of me right away. SLP pipe/can is the best bang for the buck mod on this sled.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Another great thing about SLP, their service is second to none. I had a couple problems last year and they took care of me right away. SLP pipe/can is the best bang for the buck mod on this sled.

What were your problems? Cracked pipe or other issues etc??

N

NewfieBullet1973

Dec 20, 2007
Any issue with installing the pipe/can setup right out of the gate on a brand new sled? Or should you wait for the breaking period?

M

MDS

Nov 13, 2009
MDS Clutching

When I tested the SLP for set ups for the P1s I used both new and broke in sleds only minor gram changes between them. In fact I set them up for after break in.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Any issue with installing the pipe/can setup right out of the gate on a brand new sled? Or should you wait for the breaking period?

No issue. Last year I installed it at 65 miles just because they were on back order. This year its on at 0 miles. Just know the performance level is going to increase during the break in period, just like on a stock sled. You may need to adjust your clutching accordingly. Eric

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
No issue. Last year I installed it at 65 miles just because they were on back order. This year its on at 0 miles. Just know the performance level is going to increase during the break in period, just like on a stock sled. You may need to adjust your clutching accordingly. Eric

I was going to do the same thing usually wait for 1 ride stock but my slp pipe looks to good

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
Already got mine on at zero miles, waiting for snow. Just need to install my clutching. Looking forward to letting it rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features