• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle sticks on '17 axes

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
This year I have had a problem with my throttle sticking on cold days with fine powder coming over the hood. I figure it's got to be the throttle bodies freezing and hanging up. My throttle doesn't return to idle when I let off. The sled keeps creeping at a fast pace.
Now I thought that's what the TSS was designed to protect you from.
I'm I the only one that has experienced this?

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
if i don't use the heaters it doesn't happen
i think the heaters melt it and then it freezes the water

i'd feel bad for ya but.... fresh powder !!! lucky duck

R
Oct 10, 2014
Yeah , we have hand and thumb warmers , but cant use them because it sticks the throttle open. Sounds like a nice set up to me!

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
So you guys don't believe it's the throttle bodies freezing? The reason I thought that is because if I stop and shut it down for a couple of minutes she thaws and I'm good to go again for awhile. What about the TSS? Is that not what it's there for?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
It's always warm under the hood. So, not likely that your throttle bodies are freezing. The TSS compares the RPMs with the flipper position. So, if the throttle bodies were freezing, the TSS would certainly kick in. It's most likely that your flipper is freezing up. The TSS will just assume you're pulling the flipper with your thumb. It can't tell the difference. This is really common on the Axys. Try spraying it down with some sort of anti-icing stuff or WD-40 or whatever anybody else recommends..

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Double check for a little rubber grommet wiper deal that is supposed to sit in throttle block where throttle cable goes in. I had throttle stick on my sled last year and ran into trees twice ruining 2 a arms before polaris shop and myself realized what was going on.

Premium Features