• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

journal oil pump wiring

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I have a 05 polaris 900 rmk with a journal bearing turbo i am setting up. Just wondering if anyone knows any good ways to wire the oil pump in. I hooked it up to some aux. wires and it fried them. Anyone have any luck? I assume the stator and power setup is fairly simalar with the newer polaris's, so any help is appreciated.THANKS

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
What kind of oil pump???

The electric oil pumps in the BD kits, and some others use the aux wiring for power, shouldn't be a huge draw, like maybe 10 amps or so.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
The boondocker kit is for a ball bearing turbo which requires a much smaller pump. A journal bearing needs like 60 PSI the the pump is larger

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
What do you have a for a pump????? Any pump you use for a journal turbo.. will require some serious pressure and need some juice.

Nothing against them, I love mine, and wouldnt have anything else. They just need some special installation when it comes to the oil pump.

Last edited:
J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Its a small gear pump. Little bigger than a pop can. 12 V. I'm gonna have to study up on all of the electrical components of a sled. I don't even know where to start

Premium Features