• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker - Can't keep boost DOWN

R
Jan 20, 2014
Gentlemen. I have a 2016 800 Axys with a boondocks GT Turbo (Tuner Series). I ride at sea level and I purchased the kit with what they call a 4lb low boost actuator.

I have the electronic boost control set to 4 PSI but it keeps building 7.5 to 8.0 PSI Boondocker sent the kit with 70 gram weights....I now have 80 gram weights in it and it is still over revving.

Is it possible the boost actuator itself is bad or the electronic control solenoid is not working???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Scott

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gentlemen. I have a 2016 800 Axys with a boondocks GT Turbo (Tuner Series). I ride at sea level and I purchased the kit with what they call a 4lb low boost actuator.

I have the electronic boost control set to 4 PSI but it keeps building 7.5 to 8.0 PSI Boondocker sent the kit with 70 gram weights....I now have 80 gram weights in it and it is still over revving.

Is it possible the boost actuator itself is bad or the electronic control solenoid is not working???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Scott

I have heard of some being in backwards... I would call BD and ask them how to check make sure it is in right

R
Jan 20, 2014
That is a good question and yes I am sure. I verified it with them on the phone and also ordered a brand new one from them. Still too much boost.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
So for me, my first Silber was an internal kit at sea level and every time I tried to run the low boost actuator it would over boost. After a lot of time thinking things were hooked up wrong, leaking, plugged, frozen we figured the relieve hole in the turbine housing was not big enough to bypass all the air needed to keep boost down.

I ended up grinding the hole out to where the flapper would just seal it. This helped a bunch but still I think 5# was about it, still was creeping when I tried to get down to 4#.

Now this was on a Silber so just giving information.

We had a BD on a 12 here and would not go under 8#, we never tried what I did on the Silber.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
A 4 pound actuator will make about 6 to 6.5 lbs minimum at sea level. The internal wastegate can not bypass enough exhaust down low. Waste gate porting has been used by some people to flow more exhaust lowering baseline boost. I would also check the pretension on the waste gate arm to make sure there is not excessive pre load, but with that 4 lb actuator you are going to be tied into about 6-6.5 pounds of boost minimum at sea level.

Premium Features