• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best rear skid/least snow

revrider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2003
Randle
I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket rear skid, for an 06 REV Summit, mostly to loose weight. Which aftermarket skid holds the least snow. I was thinking between Timbersled or EZ ride. Anyone have any experience with either one of these or any other.

P
Nov 26, 2007
I've been messing with both over the last couple of weeks and I would go with the timbersled. It holds very little snow, especially with a drilled track, and it is much ligther than the EZ ride.

S
Dec 4, 2007
I put a timbersled on my 05 800and noticed a much nicer ride and it is very light. It doesnt hold much snow. I had to tinker with it for a couple of rides to get it too fit my style. Very easy and nice system too use

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
How is the TS rear for climbing? Does it seem to keep the front down better than stock? Does it seem to float better/worse?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
im wondering on the hyfax wear..???..alot of wheels gone in the pics l have seen...other then that looks great if its fairly strong..???..sometimes its a packed hard trail for aways to get to the powder so the hyfax is a concern or not..???

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
im wondering on the hyfax wear..???..alot of wheels gone in the pics l have seen...other then that looks great if its fairly strong..???..sometimes its a packed hard trail for aways to get to the powder so the hyfax is a concern or not..???

if your talking about the timbersled skid you can install some of the wheels that are not pictured, are scrathers if you would like. And I have a ezryde skid and It rides excellant but its almost a $ 1000 dollars more and it weighs more than the timbersled.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if your talking about the timbersled skid you can install some of the wheels that are not pictured, are scrathers if you would like. And I have a ezryde skid and It rides excellant but its almost a $ 1000 dollars more and it weighs more than the timbersled.

yep its the timbersled l was talking about....there vid on their web sight is impressive....l just don;t want to start putting the weight back on the skid in wheels...l know that there front kits have some problems but these rear skids seem to be working really well...l think l just may work some ot and get one

Premium Features