• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Summit Updated

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Bought a customers sled last spring. Got it for a good deal. Here's how I picked it up.
162x16x2.5 Camo Extreme
9"CF Wheels w/Freedom Axle
Simmons Skis
No Swaybar
SLP Perf Package - Full Exhaust, ported cyl, billet head, V-Force reeds
SLP Clutching and gearing rec.
We did this all at the dealership I worked in 2008. New Shortblock went in as preventative maintenance at the end of 2009.
Motor had 500miles on it when I bought it. Longtrack kit had about 1000miles on it.
attachment.php

coltoncam 345.jpg coltoncam 339.jpg

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
The 162 was a great addition if this was my main sled. However, I have my "Bomb" that I like to ride when the snow is deep, or we just wanna put some marks on the hills.
So I decided to put a 150 Camo Extreme on it and make it more of a boondocker/jumper all around fun sled. That was the extent of my plans....and then the wheels started turning.....

Simmons skis got traded for C&A Pros - Float ok, good enough for me, little sketchy when counter steering as they want to jump outta my hands when they reach a certain point. After that initial jerk, they become quite predictable. Think I may play with the outer edge and taper it back some.....see if that helps.
2Cool Vents were added - Best vents in the business! When people notice them, they constantly get props!
Stiffer Front Shock Springs and no Swaybar
Sportech Headlight Covers - Bling
Sportech Windshield - Bling
RND Risers - 8" Riser only because RND doesn't make 10"
RSI Handlebars - 2" Rise which makes the handlebars 10" high and perfect for my short and fat frame. :D
RSI Heaters - Not as impressed as others on SW. Hot is only slightly hotter than Low. But combined with the handguards, I only complain on the cold cold days.
Powermadd Throttle Block - Would be impressed if they had another hole so I could mash the flipper to the bars....instead I have to watch I don't stretch the cable too much.
FabCraft Mtn Bar - None better.
Removed stock handlebar cluster Mounted new switches on Dash - Bling, and function....I was always trying to perfect the knee on reverse button trick before.
Used old style RER button and mounted next to Choke - Only problem is people don't think I have reverse anymore.
150 Camo Extreme - Loved the track on my Cat, love it on the Doo.
136 Renegade Skid with SLP Extensions - Coupled rear skid for ZERO $$$$. T-Sled and KMod.....are nice but my wallet with some greenbacks is nicer!
Re-did the clutching and new gearing for shorter track

Things yet to be done are to install a 151 Live Rear Axle M-10, Cat extrusions to shorten the running board area, and a new tunnel extension similar to the VE kits that incorporate suspension mounts and tie everything together.

So far this is the way I'll run it this season, need a snowflap though!
If anyone knows where I can get a good condition Moto-Ski SnowFlap, it would be much appreciated.
Lemme know what you think!

attachment.php

SAM_0463.jpg SAM_0469.jpg SAM_0473.jpg SAM_0480.jpg SAM_0481.jpg

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I have a Boss seat sitting here at work for it but doubt I'll put it on, seem to be selling them before I can make up my mind. And the Cat extrusions with a taper to the tunnel will really clean up the look of her some more.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Just some more pics from swapping everything over.

Track swap was fairly easy, I did however go with the bigger 1 1/4 shaft used on the older S-chassis/ZX sleds. I got the chaincase side spun down to fit the stocksize '06 bearing and not using a seal.

attachment.php

New risers on old bar set-up I rode with at the end of last season.

attachment.php

So much happier without the guage cluster on the handlebars, not only is it cleaner looking, but now I'm not hitting the highbeam and RER button all the time. And killswitch was swapped for a KX style and mounted pointing forwards on the middle of the bars.

attachment.php

ReebShop 015.jpg P1010948.jpg P1010946.jpg P1010937.jpg P1020083.jpg P1020084.jpg SAM_0453.jpg SAM_0466.jpg

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Little update after 2 solid rides.
The front end is now what I expected it to be with the stiffer springs, soild feeling but still plush when it needs to be.
The rear skid brought the center of gravity up on the sled which was a little difficult to ride at first, with the smaller track and the ease of pulling it over I had to re-learn the balance point and really use the wrong foot technique with this guy now. Doesn't wheelie like it used to either, liking the coupled skid! Now thinking of a Float conversion for it to knock a bit of weight and gain adjustability since they are both non-rebuildable shocks on it at the moment.
Before, with the 162, it had the traction to just pull out of a carve with ease, the shorter track and combined higher CG it's even easier to flop over and spin out.
Tit for tat I guess.
No biggie, I like the short track as it's a much more fun sled for the type of riding I use the sled for.
Gearing is 20/42 now, faster than it used to be with the 162, but I could prolly pull a 2:1 ratio and not notice any adverse effects.

One thing I did notice was a horrible sound coming from the chaincase when letting off the throttle, found it to be a worn brake rotor keyway. So a new jackshaft will be needed unless I can find a bigger key. Sounds like a chain is falling apart(however it looks immaculate)

Rode with a Pro RMK163 on the weekend and although I'm quite a bit younger than the guy on the Pro, there wasn't one place he put his sled that I couldn't best him(no open face climbing, just short technical shots) and I absolutely left everyone else on the trail. Very happy so far, will be more excited when I do the tunnel mod and get the Cat extrusions on there.

Dropped the clickers from 4 to 1, pulls 8150 all day long, same as with the 162 and clickers on 4. Think I should add some pin weight and would like to smoothen out the engagement a little bit since it jumps at the first touch of the throttle.

Last edited:

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Hurt, hard, lots........ouch.
Sleds ok, but my knee, hip, and both hands are black and blue after a few jumping excursions that found myself in treewells over the weekend....see if we can't do better next weekend!

And I lost my friggin saw dammit!!!!!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
dam Reeb lookin good!!! i think you outta put one of the props hanging on the wall at the rear....James Bond man snow screen....:face-icon-small-hap

Hehehe.......I was going to take a prop and have it spin on a shaft sticking out from the back however I've kissed the rear bumper a few times in my day and might have to rethink that one before I do it. For now the GoPro lives off the back bumper when not on the lid. :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features