• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Rmk photo build

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Thanks Matt

finally got a few days to work on it starting today. should get a lot done. i won't wreck it until you get a chance to ride it with the turbo on.

hey winter games in okoboji was last Jan.29-31, so it should be about the same week this winter (give or take a few days)

you need to come down for it and see it first hand....

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Got some work done tonight.
Did the following:

Installed oil tank - mounted steering - put lower A-arms on (plus new bushings)
started mounting spindels - hooked up sway bar.

Hope you guys like the build so far.....

DSCF1222.jpg DSCF1225.jpg DSCF1227.jpg DSCF1228.jpg DSCF1229.jpg DSCF1224.jpg

M
Nov 26, 2007
Sled is looking good. Like the color combo.

If you don't mind. PM me the contact info for your powdercoat guy. I live in the S.C. area and it would be nice to know someone that does the powder coating on the side.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
loving the color combo! kinda surprised to see that you didnt upgrade to the new front end plastics while you had it all apart though

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Installed the rear suspension tonight, just need to adjust track later.

i thought about changing body panel when i started but figured with the new turbo being put on that i am going to wait and see if i find wood before the years done. then i change the body panel if it survives.:thumb:

DSCF1230.jpg DSCF1231.jpg DSCF1232.jpg

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Installed the rear suspension tonight, just need to adjust track later.

i thought about changing body panel when i started but figured with the new turbo being put on that i am going to wait and see if i find wood before the years done. then i change the body panel if it survives.:thumb:

smart man! there is def a learning curve to boost, an extremely addictive one!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
hey justin

how you feeling today???

ohhh not to bad.... Get it done soon, Rob barely has enough room in his shop left for a sled. I walked in today, and couldnt hardly walk there was so many outboards laying there. Another one pulled up when I was there. :face-icon-small-dis

sled is looking great!

Just a little FYI, when I switched from the old plastic to the new, we had to do a little refit of the pipe when we got done. It ended up a little close to the plastic. I call it a little refit, but I dont think Rob would. I think when we got done he told me and this is a direct quote.. "If you touch anything next year, you are on your own". hahahahahaha

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
jkinzer i would like to change the body panels but its smarter alright to wait until later.

outlaw so do you think this will pass to rob's standards. at least he will have a clean sled to work on. can't wait to see it put back together. almost forgot how it all goes together.
great to hear your feeling better, i have to get up and see your sled soon. just busy doing side jobs to make install money for rob. hahahaha

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Did you get mod rods vents? I might still have the templates I made from when I cut mine out. I made them out of masonite. Then did a light rivet on so basically I could cut them like using a router. Excpet I used a dremmel.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Got a little more done tonight. Started installing vent kits and putting gas tank with seat back on.

Won't be long now, going to work on hood and headlight tomorrow.
Let me know what you guys think so far.....

DSCF1238.jpg DSCF1239.jpg DSCF1240.jpg DSCF1241.jpg DSCF1242.jpg DSCF1243.jpg

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
thanks guido,

i only have one thing to say, get your *** busy then.

I still have to do the motor so mine won't be done until December 1st if i'm lucky. but at least it will be turboed. hehehe all the way to the bank

Premium Features