• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Rmk photo build

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
OK GUYS!!!!

There's been a lot a people looking at this build BUT not a lot of comments on what you might do to it if it was yours. I would like to hear everyones thoughts on what is good or bad about this build so far.

I can't believe i am doing that good of job so far being my first one... let me know guys... thanks

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i love the work man. coming along great...

what about the RAILS...what color are they?

are you gonna do a hood wrap, or just black? looks killer either way!

what wheels are you running? stock, billet, color?

i am doing an orange/black build myself if you wanna check it out, click the 06 RMK 900 build thread in my sig...

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
theanks guido,

I am having the rails powdercoated orange to match rest of parts. going to run black hood with Modrod 4 piece vent kit installed in orange mesh & stock black hood vents.
I am running stick 7 1/4" wheels i think it is for now. would like to find a set of 8" or 9 " wheels if possible at a good price. billet would be great but cost is a factor at this point.

I will look at your sled build, and post my opinion for you. Are you doing a brite orange also.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
good deal, yeh i kinda wish i would have gone a little brighter orange, but its still a great color i got...doing 90% of the powder coating myself..

as for the wheels...i would go with 3 options personally....IF you wanna go with 8 or 9" wheels..

1. Call Ben @ Mountain Machines Performance...he is the MAN, and a great guy, and always helps me out, and has the sickest billet wheels on the market IMO.

2. Call Jake @ Ice Age...they have sick wheels too, and a pretty good price, with some DOPE axle kits, plus the sickest rails on the market IMO

3. If you wanna go with Plastic wheels, call Fabcraft or i may know of a set of 8" for sale (5 spoke)..

keep up the great work man...you have competition, lol...

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Finally got the rails back from powdercoating. didn't take long to put rear together. also got steering hoop on sled.

Hope to have most of sled assembled by end of week....

DSCF1214.jpg DSCF1215.jpg DSCF1216.jpg DSCF1217.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
lol..

yeh man i think it looks sick man..the black really sets the colors off and breaks it up...loving it.

my sled is coming slow right now...no money, the VE tunnel, and ice age rails are sitting at the powder coaters..tunnels been there about 6 weeks now...shotting to have it done this month... but will see i guess.. :( i cant complain when he helps me out and lets me do my own thing there..

hoping to get somewhere GOOD on my sled next month...like at least a rolling chassis, lol..

keep it up man, its coming along GREAT!!

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
LOVE THE COLORS!

Unique color & awesome looking sled. What are you planning for the seat & tunnel rack and skis?

One of a kind build for sure!

akrevrider

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Akrevrider.... i plan on powwdercoating the gas caddy frame orange or black to match sled. going to run the stock black seat and black powdercoated the support bracket for it. also have a under seat storage bag from polaris. i am using the stock black ski for now (they handle great)

I had the spindles powdered mirror black and all the A-Arms orange. should look good up front.

I need to get busy, sled leave north to motor man to have turbo installed Mid november. got 2-3 weeks at most to finish sled.
still have to get the side tunnel wraps made and put on to protect from boot wear.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Guido- the local sign maker i know is going to make me something. not sure what style of material but i am guessing its a clear vinyl by our conversations so far. may have him print a logo on it also just for kicks. maybe somekind of a transparent theme, that way you can still see the orange tunnel thru it.

what did you haves your made from???

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
made of UHMW...same material they make the vent frames out of, this is just thicker...

pretty sick i think...i powder coated a piece of aluminum behind it...

i had a buddy in NM make it for me...

DSC00691.jpg

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
great idea on the tunnel wrap. i may have to look at something like that also. I thought about aluminum but wasn't sold on it yet. i do like the 2 tone set-up you made. where did you get the frame material or did your buddy get it???

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
My buddy got the material..he owns a machine shop ;)

His name is Kreg..his name on here is Polzinhunter..try dropping him a PM..he is pretty busy but might be able to help out..

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
I'm thinking of maybe trying man made counter top material like corian. Its smooth and swells and shrinks with temp change. plus you can get it it alot of colors. just CNC it out and rivet it on.
it's something different and has a clean look, also you can router designs into it and not loose strength.
what you think of that for a look. I"D use the kitchen sink if i could get plumbing on the go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Premium Features