• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new product release

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Come on guys...he's exposing sledders to new options.

Right now, it's available as a field monitor.

In the future, this product will be available with new options, ie ECU mapping, as it's currently under development.

Ease up a bit.

Brycter,
Is it feasible to run this strictly as a field monitor to the Vipec?

--Scott

Last edited:
N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
So can I change settings on the hill if my turbo is not running correctly? or do I have to drag the laptop with me to do this? What advantage is this box over my dobeck? Im always down for new products but to sell this $1000 unit(which is just a data logger??) over a $300 (programable box) will be hard to do. Now If it saves the average joe from buying a fuel box, egt gauge and o2 gauge then the price of 1000 makes more sense. Throw in the ability to unplug it from my sled and right onto my truck and youve got a product!! :) Im not trying to bash on this just trying to get the thread to more of a question and answer thread.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Is there any benefit of the Bully Dog controller on a stock Pro , or maybe minimal mods? Does anyone plan on supporting this?

there will be an advantage for stuff like that im sure. if you can tune th ecm we wont need to put aux injectors on it. plus a pipe and can you can tune for that im assuming. hopefully they do it right.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Vipec will be a thing of the past.

remember something: a reflash is a reflash, nothing new here. At 1000$ plus 300$ a map you can't even tune yourself, i am asking myself where is the deal..... Be prepared to see us digging much stronger in the industry now. It is all a question of tuning and tuning equipment. The bully reflash solution is another solution and will find it's place for the low budget users.

Vi-pec powersports

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The last couple of rides on my 1100T I was just thinking how nice a data logger would be. Be able to look at the REAL max rpm on the hill. What the RPM was doing in relation to how the sled was being loaded. Clutch tuners would love to have something like this on hand when making chances. The NA engine builder guys will now have a great option for the pipe and can, pipe, can, head or pipe, can, head and porting options. Data is a lot more reliable than seat of the pants or a visual check of the gauges. And for the math challenged this is NOT a $1300 set up. It is $1000 with a mapp installed ready to rock and roll. I just bought Kosovo gauges for my 1100T and if I knew that this was available I would have gotten the Bully! For not that much more I would have had real data logging and I don't have ANY need for the tuning features on that sled. Runs PERFECT with the Super Chute Evo stuff.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
remember something: a reflash is a reflash, nothing new here. At 1000$ plus 300$ a map you can't even tune yourself, i am asking myself where is the deal..... Be prepared to see us digging much stronger in the industry now. It is all a question of tuning and tuning equipment. The bully reflash solution is another solution and will find it's place for the low budget users.

Vi-pec powersports

Grandstand much? :face-icon-small-sho the kits are not $1300.....at least not from us. Of course your going to dig harder into the industry...you have a $1000 dollar knife to your throat. 95% of the users out there want a good running sled. They don't care about anti lag and other novelties. I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of your dealers have already tried to get on board with bully dog because they know the market is soft for a $2500 dollar ecu.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
So can I change settings on the hill if my turbo is not running correctly? or do I have to drag the laptop with me to do this? What advantage is this box over my dobeck? Im always down for new products but to sell this $1000 unit(which is just a data logger??) over a $300 (programable box) will be hard to do. Now If it saves the average joe from buying a fuel box, egt gauge and o2 gauge then the price of 1000 makes more sense. Throw in the ability to unplug it from my sled and right onto my truck and youve got a product!! :) Im not trying to bash on this just trying to get the thread to more of a question and answer thread.

Ok, the controller will be able to be unlocked on all makes and brands. giving us the ability to give you a new tune that will be dowloaded to a sd card. then the controller takes that map and installes it on the ecu. follow me?
right now as it sits that will be my job to get the tune correct. We have discussed the option of the end user being able to adjust fuel +/- 10 percent on each rpm trim. but that is future stuff. I feel this is a good price point for a product and the features that it has.

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Grandstand much? :face-icon-small-sho the kits are not $1300.....at least not from us. Of course your going to dig harder into the industry...you have a $1000 dollar knife to your throat. 95% of the users out there want a good running sled. They don't care about anti lag and other novelties. I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of your dealers have already tried to get on board with bully dog because they know the market is soft for a $2500 dollar ecu.

comon man! I started a thread releasing a product. Us meaning turbo Performance are doing great with the vipec. If gino bothers you then just leave it be. You dont have any skin in that game. Just leave it be!!! :rain:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I apologize Brycter. That wasn't meant for you. I know you guys work hard on the vipec and have had some success. Instead of Him getting on here making stuff up maybe you can start a new post comparing features of the 2.

Back on track..........

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I apologize Brycter. That wasn't meant for you. I know you guys work hard on the vipec and have had some success. Instead of Him getting on here making stuff up maybe you can start a new post comparing features of the 2.

Back on track..........

Thanks, No bad feelings here. I just think it is crazy the way everyones_____ get in the way of seeing the cool things that are coming out. this industry is not dead. Yeah sure we are fighting over the same dollar but come on.

We just got a correction from Bully Dog. They need $300 for the unlock code. Either I took notes wrong or just got things confused. So we will have to flip flop the code and map fee that way you still pay $1000 for the set up.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Bryce,

What "modules" so far has BullyDog unlocked ("hacked") on the Factory Polaris map?

Does the BullyDog "box" have the ability to reflash the ENTIRE Polaris/Kokusan map?

How much programming control is BullyDog giving the shops that have purchased a dealer agreement with them to date?

What possible challenges are you seeing in using these on boosted sleds, SO FAR, this coming season?

Are all the bugs worked out for Turbo use in your opinion?

I think this is pretty darn cool... the ability to adjust timing based on different sensor inputs... and modify the base-map to cooperate better with a turbo system... COOL!!!

Thanks in advance,
MH.

Last edited:
M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Also, this is the same Tuner Unit that Bully Dog has been using/producing for years, most of you probably know that it is the same one that H&S uses as well. They are one in the same. What changes have been made for this tuner to use it in a wet snowy environment, because I know the H&S in my truck would absolutely be garbage in wet conditions and would leak like a sieve.

Bullydog doesn't produce the device, hence the reason that H&S has the same one. The electronic device itself is produced elsewhere, by another company, and bullydog or H&S installs their firmware into the micro controller to accomplish the task that they set forth to do. ever wonder why the same little black box can tune any truck from ford to dodge to chevy from 1999 to 2010? its cause its kinda like a little computer...LOL!

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
We have boxes in stock right now and they are ready to be sold. We at Turbo Performance dont feel that WE have enough time on the product yet to do a full release to ALL customers with that fuel managment system. We will not release a product FULL BORE until it has been tested and run through its paces. I guess other guys feel that the couple of months of testing and mess around fits there desired performance. If you want one let us know. We just need to run over a couple things with you. So you understand what you are getting from us. Nothing to hide.

The bully dog is a powerfull tool in the tuning world. But please when calling dont compare it to the vipec stand alone or any other full stand alone. They are not the same. bully dog fits in between a full stand alone and a piggy back system.

Bully dog has done a good job unlocking the full factory ecu with all its hex files. so anything that is in the stock ecu is there. All the basics have been disected. timing, fuel management. exhaust valve open, closed and steady state in every aspect. There are how ever some mapp and things in the stock ecu that we dont know what it does yet. Its not because we cant figure them out it is because we dont have enough time yet on the hex break. In time all will be there. We have total control over everything so far.

How it works right now is this. We build a map you install it on to the sd card and down load it in to the ecu. now your ecu is reflashed to the new map and it will be reflashed until you do another reflash to it.

IMO here are some of the Challenges that need to be worked on (now these are just my opinons)

Having had great results with the vipec over the last couple years. things that i can see are going to be hard to over come.

I am not totally satisfied with the way to get map changes get into everyones hands. The end user has no way of makeing a change. It has to come back to us.
I dont have a full time guy to dedicate to just reflash a map changing configurations. This eats up alot of time. I know for a fact that there is only 3-4 guys in this whole market that have gone down this road to date. We are one of them. We know how much time it takes to support customers and there needs. So we are up aganist the wall hoping that we can take care of evryones needs.

the other thing is the data logging so that we can make a correct change. I dont feel that every end user is smart enough to give me correct data back.
it doesnt work when someone thinks they are at 60% throttle position and they are really at 45%. i will make the change in the wrong area. making the problem worse, or having no effect on the first problem. My input back to bully dog has been to give the end user 10-15% adjustment on the fly at each rpm level. but this also opens up another bagg of worms. where you in exhaust valve closed map? or open map? these things are not as easy as everyone thinks they are....

the last one is altitude compesation i am not sold yet on the rescaling of mapp sensors and maps to fit a area. because tps, timing, boost level, and rpm need to be taken it consideration for a correct fuel equation. (this is just problably just me right know. In learning a new way to do something.)

hope this answers the few questions that were posted. We can answer any questions you might have when fueling you turbo monster!!!

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
I agree, but to a much further extent. I think that it should be an option for the end user to purchase the ability to go in and change whatever map they wish to change. Tis option will not be for everyone, as it would be a very involved and dificult process, but guys like me who are used to being able to tune your own carburetors in the past, get frusterated when you have to rely on someone else to do your tuning for you.

H

Hairy Mark

Nov 21, 2007
kettle falls
I agree, but to a much further extent. I think that it should be an option for the end user to purchase the ability to go in and change whatever map they wish to change. Tis option will not be for everyone, as it would be a very involved and dificult process, but guys like me who are used to being able to tune your own carburetors in the past, get frusterated when you have to rely on someone else to do your tuning for you.

this is something that i agree with. as long as it was something that i would be able to do on a tablet in the field. and it wasnt going to make the price another $500.

Last edited:
T

TravRMK

Feb 1, 2004
Pocatello, ID
Bullydog doesn't produce the device, hence the reason that H&S has the same one. The electronic device itself is produced elsewhere, by another company, and bullydog or H&S installs their firmware into the micro controller to accomplish the task that they set forth to do. ever wonder why the same little black box can tune any truck from ford to dodge to chevy from 1999 to 2010? its cause its kinda like a little computer...LOL!

Absolutely incorrect! Bullydog designs and builds the device. I am excited for this!!

Premium Features