• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled shutting down..

P
Nov 28, 2007
i was riding this weekend at about 6,500 ft. when all of a sudden my sled temp jumped to 220 degrees and the temp light came on. there was more than enough powder so i let it cool down, then gave it another shot. same thing happend. we finally figured out that it was clearly my water pump going out. a little while later down the trail i had to start it to make it to the top of a hill because the guy pulling me was trenching. when i started it, all my digital gauges shut down including my mechanical speedo. i quickly shut it down and just finished towing it back. i got to the trailer to load it up. i started it to get it up on the trailer and it wouldnt hardly run. ended up pushin it onto the trailer and driving home. on top of all this , the threads in my TEAM clutch got chewed up by the previous owner so i couldnt take off my belt while towing and my rear shock blew. shi**y day..... any one got any ideas????? 2005 Polaris 900.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
If the previous owner screwed up the threads in the secondary, what else did they screw up that you haven't found yet?

Is the sled actually getting hot, or does the temp just shoot up instantaneously? If the temp is okay but the meter's wrong, i bet there's an electrical problem somewhere (Short or open).

Check the wiring harnesses at any pinch points and make sure nothing's mashed and mangled. I found some wiring that I'll probably restring around the handlebars where the hose clamps tightened them against the support. The mechanical speedo is still electrical.

Premium Features