• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polarized yellow 509 goggle lenses

Cobalt 200

Premium Member
Aug 31, 2009
I was wondring if anyone has any experience with the polarized yellow 509 goggle lenses. I was told they work great on cloudy days, sunny days, and at night. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

M
Feb 28, 2011
MT Lassen
To me lens tint is very subjective. What I think works great for me may not be someobody elses cup of tea. With that being said the yeallow polarized works extremley well on overcast days and sunny days for me. On sunny days they are brighter than a smoked or amber lens, but cut the glare enough that I run them 95% of the time I'm riding. At night they produce too much glare for me, I have to have clear. I can actually tolerate a light smoke lens better than yellow at night. But I have riding buddies that use yellow just fine at night.

lucasMX358

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2009
Dickinson, ND
Also currious about lens colors, i usually ride with just smoke but looking to go to a polarized lens also...thoughs, sorry if i jacked your thread, not my intentions. This year will be different for me since i got lasik eye surgery..no more blur from not wearing glasses. :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features