For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Currently: Ripping whenever I can...
Basic Member
Timberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2019 Camso installation

Got all wound up after our first official snowfall here in north Idaho and put the new kit on my bike yesterday. Have to say that the fit kit and instructions were all spot-on (although I routinely flipped to the wrong section and was trying to read them in French...) After adjusting the strut rod to get the paddles to lay flat I notice that the seat height is still higher than with my previous kit (Moto Trax.) I'm assuming that this is due to the difference in overall skid design and suspension? The torsion spring came from the factory at the lightest setting - which sounds like the preferred set-up if I remember correctly. So is there something I may be overlooking?

Other input:

The chain adjuster is better than what I am used to, but slightly inconvenient that you have to remove the cover to inspect tension. After initial break-in and stretching, how often are you guys having to adjust?

CAN'T WAIT to get that ski in some deep powder. The size and design difference is crazy.

Really liking the fact that the kit came with a brake lever and reservoir. Bleeding brakes is one of my least favorite exercises. The lever was WAY long and hit my handguards, so I cut about 3/4" off of it and rounded it off.

Side bonus - with the double carbides, the bike sits on the concrete floor without tipping over!! Huge win!

Is it time to ride yet??

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Currently: Planning a build
Basic Member
M5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what brand of chain the 2019 kits come with but the 2018 kits I believe had Regina chains. Whatever the brand the chain was pretty cheap. It stretched for the first few rides then settled down. I check mine pretty frequently. It only needed adjusting every now and then say 5 rides or so. All of our 2018 chains blew up around the 60 hour mark so if its still a Regine I'd send it down the road at 50 hours ride time max.

M5

The Following User Says Thank You to M5- For This Useful Post:
Timberview01 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Snowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond reputeSnowbikenewbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing out Camso Drive Chain

When changing out the Camso drive chain is it necessary to change out both sprockets as well?

Old 11-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Basic Member
M5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond reputeM5- has a reputation beyond repute

Not unless the sprockets are shark toothed.

M5

The Following User Says Thank You to M5- For This Useful Post:
Snowbikenewbie (11-13-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Basic Member
Timberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond reputeTimberview01 has a reputation beyond repute

It came with a Regina, so I will put that on my list of things to get ordered...

Old 11-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Currently: 2 x('18Camso/'08KTM300 XCW)
Basic Member
Misha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond reputeMisha Subo has a reputation beyond repute

My impressions from chains I've used in the past are that Regina chains are amongst the best. Are there better chains out there?

Old 11-13-2018, 12:14 AM
Currently: CAMSO DTS129, 02 RMK 700
Basic Member
TYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond reputeTYFOON has a reputation beyond repute

On my 19 I just installed I reset the torsion spring to the medium setting because Iím a big kid at 195 without boots and gear. Figured Iíd try it.

Cut the brake lever? Yeah itís big but why not just slide the mount farther in on the bars?

Those carbides are sharp as well! Gotta make sure tomorrow my trailer is all covered with glide strips!

What size countershaft do you have on your bike? I have a 14 right now and am a bit worried Iím over geared.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:33 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha Subo View Post
My impressions from chains I've used in the past are that Regina chains are amongst the best. Are there better chains out there?

Yes D I D

M5

Old 11-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYFOON View Post
On my 19 I just installed I reset the torsion spring to the medium setting because Iím a big kid at 195 without boots and gear. Figured Iíd try it.

Cut the brake lever? Yeah itís big but why not just slide the mount farther in on the bars?

Those carbides are sharp as well! Gotta make sure tomorrow my trailer is all covered with glide strips!

What size countershaft do you have on your bike? I have a 14 right now and am a bit worried Iím over geared.
The countershaft sprocket is stock at 14. Worked well with my last kit, so I'll see how it acts once I get it on the snow. With the wide ratio tranny, my first gear was always super low, but that was really handy when loading and getting out of some precarious spots because I could walk next to it at an idle. In most situations I could start in second.

With the bars I have, I could not slide the mount in any further - and the end of the lever is so far from the bars I could not comfortably reach it anyway.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:58 AM
Basic Member