• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowy Range WY

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
Rode the Range today..... WOW many feet O snow on the back side. 4 to 5 feet in places. The XP 163 was great. I had an XRS last year, the XP is better in every way. Very easy to side hill & throw around in the deep stuff. Saw many new XP's today, also 07, 06, 05 rev's on the back side... Not one other sled playing in the deep pow,, Not sure why. But it was DEEP. Oh,,, there are still many Rock bombs.

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
issues

Have you had any issues with the sled so far? Setup? Belts? Electrical?
No issues yet. Broke in 2 belts. Rode 200 miles for the engine break-in. Runs very strong. Friends have had the hand warmers quit, but I think there is an easy fix. I did hit a big ars rock, not a pine cone, threw me over the bars, bruised a few ribs. Just bend the lower A arm. I think the 07 would have bent the bulk head. The old sleds with trailing arms would have bent also. I think the XP will prove to be a strong design.

Albany Mountain

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Albany, Wyoming
... Not one other sled playing in the deep pow,, Not sure why.

How's this for a reason: "I did hit a big ars rock, not a pine cone, threw me over the bars, bruised a few ribs. Just bend the lower A arm. I think the 07 would have bent the bulk head. The old sleds with trailing arms would have bent also."

OUCH!!!

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
How's this for a reason: "I did hit a big ars rock, not a pine cone, threw me over the bars, bruised a few ribs. Just bend the lower A arm. I think the 07 would have bent the bulk head. The old sleds with trailing arms would have bent also."

OUCH!!!

I knew someone would bring this up,,,, But only doo riders are dumb ars's, maybe? 15 doo's riding the powder, no other brands. Was just a little strange. BUT I will admit, maybe it is just the doo guys... It was worth it thow.

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, CO
I knew someone would bring this up,,,, But only doo riders are dumb ars's, maybe? 15 doo's riding the powder, no other brands. Was just a little strange. BUT I will admit, maybe it is just the doo guys... It was worth it thow.

nah it aint just you guys that cant keep to the trail, i found a lot of stuff with my track :D that backside was deep!

D

deadcat

Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock CO

Cats and Yamis are submarines. Doos can walk on water, kill pine cones, and float on top of 6" of fluff.

I tried my best to stay on the trail this weekend but got drawn into the trees. Half tank, half day, no damage.

Premium Features