• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 6...BELT DRIVE PICS!!!... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING IN JUST 2 DAYS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
CONTINUED FROM PART 5 CLICK HERE http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300532

Recap

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

xpicture.php,qalbumid=2762,apictureid=25527.pagespeed.ic.lUp4gsCojj.jpg

xpicture.php,qalbumid=2762,apictureid=25533.pagespeed.ic.iYf_BGODGp.jpg

Last edited:
B
Jan 16, 2010
Northern Utah
I am so totally happy with my 2011 and had no intentions of upgrading, DAMN YOU POLARIS for coming out with all these new goodies!!!

As far as people saying the 11s and 12s are worthless now I disagree. After cat came out with the 09 tunnel then 2010 HO motor in the M8 the older sleds still retained value quite well, and remember a lot of people buy these sleds and don't grasp the details of the machine whatsoever.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I know there are a lot of you doubting a manufacturer will release a factory 2 stroke turbo but I am going out on a limb and calling it for Friday.

I respectfully disagree. I would like to see that but I still think it is too difficult for a manufacturer to warranty a two-stroke turbo. It just introduces too many warranty claims on the motor and other parts as well.

I'd be happy if they got the motor to a legit 160hp. That is the only thing that the other brands have on the Pro. And even then they can't get it to the ground the way Polaris does. So just think about that for a moment....

J

Jigga99

Jan 25, 2012
Someone tell me you can buy this belt drive for a 2012 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I know there are a lot of you doubting a manufacturer will release a factory 2 stroke turbo but I am going out on a limb and calling it for Friday.

Look at every upgrade so far for the '13... all things that the aftermarket has been developing, testing and perfecting for years. I see the turbo as a way for the factory to build a clean, reliable power addition without the expense of building an entire new engine as an Limited Edition for those who want the power replaced that we all lose to the effects of elevation. I am not thinking a big boost as the aftermarket has done but a small turbo (5 or 6 psi) to build quick sea level HP at elevation to satisfy the "average" consumer. Through closed loop programming to monitor and calibrate on the fly it is possible to build low boost reliable pump gas power to fill the needs of the "average" rider. There will always be a place for the aftermarket to tweak the stock "safe" systems and bigger boost applications for the rest of us.

With all the weight loss so far, hanging a non intercooled turbo on would still yield a lighter sled than a stock 11 or 12 pro! Even if it does not happen this year I still believe it is right around the corner. Lets see what happens. Either way I will be on a boosted '13 next year! Thank you Polaris, and welcome back to the top.

isn't the vipec saying 13/16 hp per pound on a closed loop? time 5 or 6 WOW

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
so when climbing and you hit a whoop and land wfo.you wont strip the nubs off that belt?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
well... next year I think I'll be happy that I didn't use "arcticcatislife" or "backcountrymseries" for my user name... just sayin...:face-icon-small-win

Cat has flopped SO miserably, SO pitifully, and done such a HORRID job of listening to customers/ taking care of issues... that I simply can't see buying another one. I LOVE my 2011 M, and wouldn't trade it for a pro... but next year that's gonna likely change. I just can't do "almost good enough".

All my buddies who are or already have sold their 2012 cats... I'll see ya next year!!!:face-icon-small-win

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I will venture a bet that most all the cool parts will be available to retrofit the older ('11's ans '12's) With the excetion of the running boards, You will likely have to buy the complete chassis for those. It would just make marketing sense to do that. That being said, they likely F--ked us with the stupid 7" center to center on the chaincase? But the aftermarket will be cranking out billet plates to strech the center to center to a more useable 8 1/2" to 9 1/2" hopefully to allow a 3"P 9T Drivers for less rolling resistance and less ratcheting, allowing a 3" lug and decent snow evacuation. If I had a CNC mill I'd be programing it now!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
X2M3 I am with you. Tire bill at one Daytona 24 hour would buy me 3-5 complete new sleds. $1500 set of tires that lasts 3 hours, at most. 3 laps if some fool flat spotted them. Porsche engines cost 30-60K. BY COMPARISON, sledding is cheap. Mods are cheap, Running costs are cheap. Just to be the downer, if you look at all the so called earth shaking mods they aren't. Boards, airframes still better, they didn't go tubular which is BETTER for sure. 2 pieces of carbon fiber buried in the chassis, really that warranted a whole page? Makes me nervous, carbon fiber is strong until it isn't then it is glass. Lower A-arms, that is decent up grade as the current ones are pretty weak. The belt drive is cool. Very cool actually but the only thing that is really innovative. If they come out with a 10HP bump you guys are going to wet yourselves. lol...

A

AKRMK25

Feb 7, 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Where do I sign!

This thing looks plain amazing. With the obvious weight loss and even with a modest gain in HP this thing is going to flat out rip. I wonder what Doo is going to come out with next month to compete with this monster. Man am I glad I didn't upgrade last season. Every morning Polaris gives us a new picture is like Christmas. Great marketing!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, what are those black plastic looking brackets on the carbon crossbar?

I expected the belt drive rumor to get settled on Friday...WHAT CAN THEY BE SAVING THAT'S BIGGER THAN THAT?????

A 10hp bump ISN'T bigger news than a belt drive, IMO.
So.......what's in store?

10 now...and then a bigger suprise at dealer meeting?

A "BIG" hp bump?

20? MORE? 40?

Pump gas boost option?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have never surfed the net on my phone while eating my Raisin Bran at 7:30 in the morning...until this week when I check the Pro-ride subforum on SW every day..

LMFAO.

xj1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Wisconsin
Looking good so far!. I am going to have to start slinging more hooch at the local saloon to pay for this upgrade, but I do believe its time to come back to Polaris for this man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features