• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PART 5...BELT DRIVE PICS!!!... 2013 POLARIS RMK.. COMING IN JUST 2 DAYS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zak.V

Jul 28, 2011
I wonder what's in store the next couple days? Wings? Jet Engine? Laser Beams? If you look at it, this model is coming with (if you figure Skinz boards and a CMX Belt drive) more than $2900 worth of aftermarket accessories already. Could be interesting.

Don't forget 350$ for a wrp seat and then taxes. 2013 is shaping up to be quite the year.:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

H

HPJUNKIE

Nov 5, 2003
Thanks for listening Polaris! Great to see the upgrades. Maybe the 'bean counters" have finally figured out that it doesn't matter how "cheap" we build a sled, it's still better to have them flying out the door, than sittin' on the show room floor!

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Don't forget 350$ for a wrp seat and then taxes. 2013 is shaping up to be quite the year.:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I did forget about the seat. If these sleds sell like crazy and prove to be as successful as the 11-12 Models have been, Polaris may have set the standard in the mountain segment. The fact that they are releasing their mountain specific sled first speaks volumes as to their focus. Have my fingers crossed they are reliable and mostly trouble free.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I figured they would save the belt drive till last..Does that mean they will release something even bigger tomorrow? Drool

No kidding...HP and track. That's about all that's left, right?

I wonder if Pol would ever put an EGT guage on their sled.

Just swap all your panels over.
1) You're sled might pull more cash with 2013 panels on it.
2) You're wife won't have a clue

HAHAHA....for those of you who HAVE a sled with panels. The sled I currently ride...I picked it up on Sept of 2000.

The anticipation of the next two days is killing me. I feel like a little kid right before Christmas…How am I supposed to work under these conditions?!?!?!?!?

I can't work...too clouded to think. HEHE

i love u mountain horse.LMAO.but...
still wont highmark a xp..ill check back tomarrow

you always crack me up.LMAO.but...
you are wrong..your xp is now junk.

Thanks for listening Polaris! Great to see the upgrades.

It would have taken a guy $20k to build this sled 5 years ago.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
How well do you guys figure the belt drive will hold up to Boost??? Man if i could have this sled with a reliable 240hp my TNytro will be gone

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
too-much-want.jpg

D
Mar 10, 2009
The real question is will it clear a 3" track? Or will we still have to spend $3k for an aftermarket belt setup and drop and roll...

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Why are people so stuck on a cover for the belt? Harley's run in the open air w/o a cover as do high performance applications (superchargers). We don't cover our clutches do we? I think even occasionally small rocks will just get crushed in that drive while the sled is moving. Anyway, there is a cover...the side panel.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
Polaris sure has caused a lot of popularity in releasing bit by bit. When I just looked at the currently viewing Doo was 142 Cat was 440 and Polaris was 850. The most exciting part about it is that there is still 2 days away from uncovering the sled and that leaves 2 more options on upgrades, lets hope for a few more ponies even though they had plenty you can never have to much HP :)

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The real question is will it clear a 3" track? Or will we still have to spend $3k for an aftermarket belt setup and drop and roll...
I wouldn't exactly say you "have to" do any of that lol....the sled gets around pretty damn good even with a stock track.....

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Maybe they should wait one more year for the HP increase so the rest of us who just bought newer sled don't take such a big hit trading it in. Nobody is gonna want a one or two year old Pro when the new one is so awesome. So wait one more year and give it lots more power.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Thats the only down side, dragons now worth zero, 2011 and 2012 pro's worth maybe 5000.00 if that....lmao These sleds are just like last years computer or smart phone, 15 grand one day, nothing the next
Figure slp stage 4 gets 20 more hp, I rode it its makes a huge difference, it would be nothing for polaris to get +20 out of the current motor, and with all the bitching about the power I would expect to see a hp gain this year.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
haha 163 people viewing this thread right now....and so many names with XP, M and Nytro in them!

Polaris won already....no need for the other brands to release what they are coming out with...nothing up the sleeve there!

S
Dec 26, 2011
MN
20K to build 5 years ago?... at least. this is the best mountain sled ever built and the need for companies to build custom sleds is gone, still an aftermarket, graphics, and power adders but this sled is putting custom sled makers of the past like fabcraft and Crazy mountain extreme just that, a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features