• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 550 RMK jetting/accs Help

B

BROX

Nov 27, 2007
WA
Has anyone had trouble with/removed the accs on a 550? I have a 2000 that was ridden in Colorado for 8 years (9-11K elevation) and never had a problem. I recently moved to WA and based on the manual i didn't need to re-jet for elevation, just temp. Per the chart 270 are the right jets. The first time out i about melted it down in the first couple milles becuase it was so lean. I figured the accs wasn't working right so I started going up on the main jets. The last ride was 4-5K elevation and in the 20's for temp.
At 330s and #3 on needles the plugs were ok but still a little lean for my liking.

I then went to 340s and #4 on the needle clips and the plugs are starting to look ok but still not overly rich. The mid range felt a little rich and had sputtery throttle reponse but the plug didn't reflect it that much.

Next my plan was to go back to #3 on the clips to help clean up the mid-range.

Does this seem right? 340 jets seem huge for a 550, should i worry about anything else or just contune to jet based on the plugs? THANKS.

B

BROX

Nov 27, 2007
WA
the accs is still installed, it just doesn't seem to be working. Both plug have been consistent with each other at all jet sizes.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I would disconnect the accs on a trial basis and jet according to 550 supersport specs. Throttle cutaway, carb size, pilot jets, jet needles and needle jets are the same for both so it should work. The specs I have are for the 1999 models but it is probably the same for yours. Plug the fitting for the accs vacuum source at the carb. You can vent your carbs to either the handlebar area or into the airbox. Jetting for 3-6K @ -20 to +10F use 260 jets #3; +10 to +40F use 250 jets #3.

Last edited:
B

BROX

Nov 27, 2007
WA
Is the accs source on the carb the one line that goes to the mag side carb? The other lines on each carb are the vents?

Premium Features