• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top End Rebuild - Coolant in Crankcase

S

ScubaSteveSK

Aug 16, 2008
Canada
My cousin was doing a new top-end on his 2008 M8 and got coolant in his crankcase... is there a drain? I can't find one in any parts diagrams. If not, is there any way to get the coolant out without taking the crankcase apart?

Thanks.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just take a shop rag that is brand new and clean and run a few of them through the crank cases and it will mop up the coolant. The pour some 2 stroke oil in the bearing/rod area and turn the motor over slowly a couple times before putting the top end back and and you should be just fine.

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
I had the same thing happen rebuilding the top end of my '05 M7. Just stuck a few clean shop rags down there and it was clean as could be. Put some oil in her, buttoned her back up and she ran like a top!

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Shop vac and a narrow adapter works great

Rock Hound

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Central Mn
Second on the shop vac. Duct tape a 1/4" fuel line on the end. Wash it out with brake clean and suck it clean. Put some injection oil in a oil can and pump some in the bearings.

Premium Features