• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BURANDT SIGNATURE SERIES

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
Thinking about ordering a set of these so I called my local shock Dealer who sets up all my sleds and asked him to get me a set. Btw he's a axis and fox dealer and he says fox won't send him these shocks because there exclusively for burandt. Not the end of the world but I prefer to support the guy In my area who also takes the time to go through sled and sets it up for me. They should concider selling to other dealers.

R
Feb 29, 2016
If you have a shock dealer that sets up all of your sleds, why are you interested in burandts valving for your shocks? Surely he can get the same shocks from Fox without the signatures on them and valve them for you, not Chris.

Makes sense to me that if you want burandt specific valving and signatures on your shocks you probably should get them from the man with his name on them...

Any decent shock guy should be able to give as good or better results but minus the signatures. Be honest, that is what you really wanted most isn't it, those sexy signatures?

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
If you have a shock dealer that sets up all of your sleds, why are you interested in burandts valving for your shocks? Surely he can get the same shocks from Fox without the signatures on them and valve them for you, not Chris.

Makes sense to me that if you want burandt specific valving and signatures on your shocks you probably should get them from the man with his name on them...

Any decent shock guy should be able to give as good or better results but minus the signatures. Be honest, that is what you really wanted most isn't it, those sexy signatures?
My interests is in the kashmia coat honestly more so for the durability

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The Burandt Signature shocks are dialed. If I buy floats those are the only ones I would buy.

I have been on floats from others... It's not the same. When you order from Burandt you also get set up help.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN

I thought that coating you could get on any of the shocks of theirs now? Or is that a Burandt Model only option?

I have also heard others talk about the set-up help from Burandt if you buy from him. Depending on your level of shock knowledge that extra help might be nice to have.

I understand wanting to support your local guy but at least you are still buying from within the industry if you buy direct from Burandt.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
I purchased some from Carl's for a decent price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
All of the Float 3 based shocks are kashima coated. the only difference between the standards and CB versions is they come with the accessory set of carbon shock guards and his custom valving and of course signature. And your wallet is $200 lighter.

Im sure the valving is better then the standard off the shelf setup, but if your not a similar weight and rider to CB, then getting sick custom valving for another rider is money well wasted... They are still going to be a really nice shock, but at that price getting something that is still off the shelf for that kinda money is not the best investment.

Also, paying that much for air shocks is just not my cup of tea. I get going with straight floats or evols just for the light weight but QS3-R's with mud scrapers are the same weight as a coil and not going to ride the same.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Burandt series has Kashima Coat on the body AND the air-sleeve... not just the airsleeve.

I'm a big fan of the Float shocks... and, IMO, most of the "I hate air shox" comments come from people that had bad experience with them in the early days.

I don't have to adjust pressures often, they don't leak on me... and I really like the tuneability of them in general.

The Kashima Coat adds durability.

Burandt Edition

FOX-2016-BURANDT-FLOAT3-QS3-R-REAR.jpg
FOX-2016-BURANDT-FLOAT3.jpg

Non Burandt edition of same shock

FOX-2016-FLOAT3-EVOL-QS3-R.jpg
FOX-2016-FLOAT3-CT.jpg

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The stock rear skid on the pro and axys will always be ride challenged, regardless of shock, air or coilover. Works well in the deep, but that's about the only place it shines. On the other hand, the front works really well with evol R's and better, they are a huge improvement over the WEs, with an ability to tune for a wide range of conditions and styles. It's quirky, but that's the way it is. JPME.

Last edited:

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
Like I said earlier I've had fox Evols and couldn't complain they worked as well as a set of exits 2 I had except I had to send the exits back for a second revalue because they came too stiff. Being that I'm building a sled that I'm planning on keep for at least 4yrs I'm not going to loose sleep over 300 or 400 bucks on price difference from zbroz to evols. I'm attracted to the burandts for the valving mostly which I'm sure he's not sharing and also the kashima coating I can care less about anything else. Just sucks that I can't purchase them from a local who's taken care of me in the past and not to mention there only $200 more it's worth it for two shock to be kasima coated much less four.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Burandt series has Kashima Coat on the body AND the air-sleeve... not just the airsleeve.

The Kashima Coat adds durability.

Burandt Edition

FOX-2016-BURANDT-FLOAT3-QS3-R-REAR.jpg
FOX-2016-BURANDT-FLOAT3.jpg

Non Burandt edition of same shock

FOX-2016-FLOAT3-EVOL-QS3-R.jpg
FOX-2016-FLOAT3-CT.jpg

What is the benefit of having a kashima coated air can? I always thought you wanted the shaft coated to protect it and to keep it operating smoothly. I've only seen kashima coating on the shaft or both the can and shaft but never on the can

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What is the benefit of having a kashima coated air can? I always thought you wanted the shaft coated to protect it and to keep it operating smoothly. I've only seen kashima coating on the shaft or both the can and shaft but never on the can

Kashima coat is a hard anodized finish whose purpose it to improve wear and improve lubrication.

I've had Kashima coated Fox shocks and forks on my mountain bikes. Couldn't tell the difference between the Kashima and non-Kashima other than price and looks. The Kashima stuff still got dinged up.

Who knows. Maybe it's a thicker and more durable coating on snowmobile shocks.

Premium Features