• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aro ski modification

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
update:

in powder, I feel, it doesn't matter what is on the bottom, in my opinion. on the trail is where we need a compromise.

what I noticed is, having a single runner on the aro, and solid ice or roadbed underneath, is extremely frightening. twitches, and wants to track on other tracks, wants to tuck the front, and throw you off... ALL THE TIME YOU ARE ON THAT TYPE OF SURFACE. you cant relax on the bars like a bike (wheel), or you will be going down hard. so, you ride tense, and fight the ski, wearing your upper body out quickly.

soft based trail, like a non icy, groomed trail, it is not as bad but still a bit twitchy.

now, after my initial riding with the single runners, I really think you need a dual runner in the center for trail manners, as it overpowers the ski keel's urge to hunt, and track to funny lines. more riding/testing is needed.

maybe a dual host bar and twin carbides (re: woody's duallys). may help trail manners.

Ski

Premium Features