• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yeti Ski pulling/jerking on side hill with firm snow.

K
Sep 22, 2016
Bend, Or
Swapped to a CMX ski after a few shocking experiences on the yeti ski and new spindle (‘22). I actually enjoyed my ride in the less than ideal conditions today. I live in an area that has plenty non powder days. CMX rode well in conditions that would have been terrible or best case, a challenge on the yeti. I would have decided not to ride today if I had not had the CMX ski. Just some food for thought if you can’t always pick and choose your days and conditions. Sounds like guys with tons of time can work through the challenges of the yeti ski, but I am not one of those guys. Now I have the best of a wide variety of conditions.
I should also mention that I swapped with a buddy’s Aro/Traverse ski set up for a bit. CMX ski was way more stable in the crusty and variable snow. I can’t speak to his exact ski pressure set up but it was at Timbersled recommended tss/strut length.

Again, I’m just your average rider not an expert.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
kahaiw, did you find the cmx ski more planted and harder to turn out of its track than the yeti ski. I would agree the cmx is more stable in the crust and there are times when I would rather not ride with the yeti ski and crusty. cmx would be great if less planted and easier to turn. Do you think you have heavy or light ski pressure on your setup?

K
Sep 22, 2016
Bend, Or
My previous ride on the yeti ski, I played with ski pressure. I left ski pressure on the light side expecting the CMX ski to be “more aggressive” per Mark at CMX. He was right, of course, the lighter ski pressure was needed on the CMX ski. Yes, it’s a bit more planted but I prefer that at speed. I plan to ease up on ski pressure to see if there is a optimal pressure for slow speed maneuverability but keep that confidence at higher speed.

I the end my goal was to not dread crap conditions. The investment in the CMX ski accomplished that.

Premium Features