• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with choosing a bike for dual use

E
Aug 28, 2017
So I couldn't get a ride on a Husky 450, right now I'm waiting to snag a test ride on a KTM 450SX F, I already reported on the Yamaha YZ450F. For those of you that have ridden both which bike cranks out the most power? The YZ450F and the 450SX F are the two bikes that I've narrowed it down to, the cross country bikes have just been too watered down in the power dept too much.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So I couldn't get a ride on a Husky 450, right now I'm waiting to snag a test ride on a KTM 450SX F, I already reported on the Yamaha YZ450F. For those of you that have ridden both which bike cranks out the most power? The YZ450F and the 450SX F are the two bikes that I've narrowed it down to, the cross country bikes have just been too watered down in the power dept too much.

The sxf450 definitely has more power. (Have both)

P
Nov 26, 2007
We have quite a few guys riding KTM 350 XC-F's including myself,,, as much HP as the 450's but alot more nimble and they kill it on the summer trails... just overall more fun to ride!!! In 95% of the situations the 350 does just as good as the bigger motors, in the trees boon docking the 350 out shines... My personal opinions and experience but both options work very well.

E
Aug 28, 2017
We have quite a few guys riding KTM 350 XC-F's including myself,,, as much HP as the 450's but alot more nimble and they kill it on the summer trails... just overall more fun to ride!!! In 95% of the situations the 350 does just as good as the bigger motors, in the trees boon docking the 350 out shines... My personal opinions and experience but both options work very well.

I've heard they do ok but the guy that I know that rides one says you have to keep it wrapped up more that the 450. Not sure what the torque difference is between the 350 and 450 is but I'm sure that's where the difference is. I'll be doing 450 for sure, leaning pretty hard right now to the KTM 450 SX F. I think it would be the better bike in the summer and be just as good on the snow. Still need to snag a ride on one first though.

M
Sep 19, 2016
500 exc-f best dual sport snowbike

How can anybody not like Ktm 500 exc.Rips on trails plays in steep and deep. Summers plates and legal everywhere. Power to weight is awesome. 62 hp. Gets everywhere

E
Aug 28, 2017
So ride report, brought the KTM home and took it out to the desert this afternoon. All I've got to say is WOW, engine map 1 is crazy and map 2 is insane! Bike is a little on the stiff side suspension wise, going to have the KTM rep help me adjust it a little next week. Need to pick up a kickstand for tire riding for sure.

Ima thinking that this thing is going to be an animal with a snowbike kit on it. Our snow is almost toast for the year which is disappointing. On the other hand the dealer where I bought the bike told me that they have about 17 timbersled ARO kits left unsold and he though that they would be going really cheap here in a couple months.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
So ride report, brought the KTM home and took it out to the desert this afternoon. All I've got to say is WOW, engine map 1 is crazy and map 2 is insane! Bike is a little on the stiff side suspension wise, going to have the KTM rep help me adjust it a little next week. Need to pick up a kickstand for tire riding for sure.

Ima thinking that this thing is going to be an animal with a snowbike kit on it. Our snow is almost toast for the year which is disappointing. On the other hand the dealer where I bought the bike told me that they have about 17 timbersled ARO kits left unsold and he though that they would be going really cheap here in a couple months.
Nice bike. No sales tax in oregon will make those kits a good deal.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Aro 120, 7 psi in the forks/ maxed out clickers on snow, map 2, thermobob, moto 365 engine wrap.

Rippin bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features